Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Exercice 17/encore varié

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Exercice 17/encore varié
Message de here4u posté le 07-10-2014 à 12:02:58 (S | E | F)
Hello,
Exercice17 : encore varié ...
I’ve realized that you were missing ‘Rephrasings’ ! Therefore, I gave you 5. (Insisting on your ‘weak’ points! ) You like it, don’t you ...
Then, back to a ‘simple’ translation, where, as some of you say, ‘every word has to be weighed and weighed again ‘! Anyway, your works are better and better ! Sincere congratulations !
Have fun !
Correction on the 17th of October (possible changes till the 14th) and it's a exercise !

1) Even if you give him a lot of help, he'll never be grateful to you. He takes everything for granted.
- No matter (+ one link word)
2) If he hadn’t been so rude during the meeting, he wouldn't have been booed by the audience.
- Had
3) When I stirred the cream more firmly, it became very bad and got a lot of big lumps.
- The ...( progression parallèle)
4) Thanks to his good performance, they named him President of the club and they will offer him a medal. ( 2 Passives)
5) My old Headmaster has just paid me a visit. Through his kindness I got my present job. (One sentence linked by a relative pronoun)
6) Ils se demandent où ils vont passer leurs vacances et combien de temps ils vont y rester.
7) On ne vous avait pas dit de ne pas utiliser un dictionnaire ? C’était strictement interdit !
8) Aussi sévère qu’elle soit, ses enfants l’aiment très fort et lui obéissent toujours avec le sourire ...(2formes)
9) Elle regrette que ses amis ne soient pas encore ici, mais moi, je préfère ne pas les avoir rencontrés ...
10) Contrairement à sa femme, il n’aime pas les sports d’équipe. Pour lui, il est bien plus important de gagner seul et d’être toujours le meilleur !
11) Cela me fait plaisir de te revoir … Nous ne nous étions pas vus depuis au moins 6 mois, et nous ne nous reverrons que l’année prochaine. C’est vraiment dommage !
12) Toi seule sais où elle se trouve ; elle est en toute sécurité et jamais tu ne la dénonceras …

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 07-10-2014 12:48

Réponse: Exercice 17/encore varié de lucile83, postée le 07-10-2014 à 16:12:51 (S | E)

Don't disturb me, I'm having a nap  

Réponse: Exercice 17/encore varié de jo06, postée le 09-10-2014 à 11:27:59 (S | E)
Hello Here4u,it's still nice to read you again.For my part this one is quiet complicated.
This is my try in the hope of not being too bad.I take the plunge .

1) No matter you gave him a lot of help, he would never be grateful to you all the more ( because) he takes everything for granted
2) Had he better not to be so rude during the meeting for (so) he wouldn'thave been booed by the audience.
3) The more firmly the cream was stirred, the worse and lumpy it became.
4) Thanks to his good performance, he was named president of the club and he will be offered a medal.
He was named president of the club as thanks to his good performance and will be offered a medal.
5) I got my present job through the kindness of my old Headmaster who has just paid me a visit.
6) They wonder where they are going to spend their holidays and how long they will stay on.
They are wondering where they will spend their holidays and how long they will stay on.
They are wondering where and how long they will spend their holidays.
7) Haven't you been told (to not use) not using the dictionary? It's strictly forbidden!
8) As strict as she is, her children love her very much and always obey with the smile.
9) She wishes her friends were here yet but for my part I would prefer not to have met them.
10) Unlike his wife he doesn't like team sports.As far as he is concerned (In his opinion),it's more important to win alone and be always the best.
11) I am very pleased to see you again.
It's very nice to see you again...We hadn't seen us for six months at least and we will see each other again only next year.It's a great pity!
12) You are the only one who knows where she is; she is in all secure and you will never denounce her...

Many thanks for helping us in our brain training

Réponse: Exercice 17/encore varié de hmarie, postée le 09-10-2014 à 14:48:25 (S | E)
Hello Here4u. Here's my work.

1. No matter how much help you give him, he'll never be grateful to you. He takes everything for granted.
2. Had he been less rude during the meeting, he wouldn't have been booed by the audiance.
3. The more firmly I stirred the cream, the worst it became and the biggest lumps it got.
4. Thanks to his good performance, he was named President of the club and will be offered a medal.
5. I got my present job through the kindness of my old Headmaster who has just paid me a visit.

6. They wonder where they're going to spend their holidays and how long they will stay there.
7. Hadn't you been told not to use a dictionary? It was strictly forbidden!
8. Though she is very strict, her children love her and always obey her willingly.
As strict as she may be, her children love her and always obey her willingly.
9. She's sorry her friends haven't come yet, as for me, I'd rather not have met them.
10. Unlike his wife, he doesn't like team sports. According to him, winning on one's own and being always the best is much more important!
11. I'm glad to see you again... We hadn't met for 6 months at least, and we won't meet until next year. It's such a pity!
12. You're the only one to know where she is; she's quite safe and you'll never give her away.

Thank you very much for this exercise.

Réponse: Exercice 17/encore varié de koreen2012, postée le 10-10-2014 à 05:55:09 (S | E)
Hello Here4u !

Many thanks for this new exercise

1)No matter how much help you give him, he'll never be grateful to you because he takes everything for granted.

2)Had he been less rude during the meeting, he wouldn't have been booed by the audience.

3)The more firmly I stired the cream, the worse and lumpier it became.

4)Thanks to his good performance, he was named President of the club and he will be offered a medal.

5)I got my present job through the kindness of my old Headmaster who has just paid me a visit.

6) Ils se demandent où ils vont passer leurs vacances et combien de temps ils vont y rester.
They are wondering where they are going to spend their holidays and how long they will stay there.

7) On ne vous avait pas dit de ne pas utiliser un dictionnaire ? C'était strictement interdit !
You had not been told not to use a dictionary ? It was strictly forbidden!

8) Aussi sévère qu'elle soit, ses enfants l'aiment très fort et lui obéissent toujours avec le sourire ...
However strict she is, her children do love her and always obey her with the smile....
As strict as she is, her children really love her and always obey her with smiling....

9) Elle regrette que ses amis ne soient pas encore ici, mais moi, je préfère ne pas les avoir rencontrés ...
She wishes her friends were here yet, but personally, I prefer not to have met them....

10) Contrairement à sa femme, il n'aime pas les sports d'équipe. Pour lui, il est bien plus important de gagner seul et d'être toujours le meilleur !
Unlike his wife, he doesn't like team sports. To his mind, it is more important to win alone and be always the best!

11) Cela me fait plaisir de te revoir ? Nous ne nous étions pas vus depuis au moins 6 mois, et nous ne nous reverrons que l'année prochaine. C'est vraiment dommage !
That's a real pleasure for me to see you again.....It has been at least six months since we saw each other and we will only see again one another next year. It's such a pity !
That's a real pleasure for me to see you again.....We haven't seen each other for at least six months and we will only see both again next year. What a pity !

12) Toi seule sais où elle se trouve ; elle est en toute sécurité et jamais tu ne la dénonceras ?
You alone know where / you are the only one knows where she is; she is safe and you will never denounce her....

Thank you for all your work
Have a nice week

Réponse: Exercice 17/encore varié de tereda, postée le 10-10-2014 à 13:41:58 (S | E)
Hello HERE4U, this is my "homework"

1. Even if you help him a lot, it does not matter, because he takes everyone help for granted.
2. Had he been less rude during the meeting, he wouldn't have been booed by the audience. (I didn't find this one, alone !)
3. The more firmly I stirred the cream, the worse it became and a lot of big lumps I got. (or : and lot of big lumps appeared.)
4. Thanks to his good performance, He was named President of the club, and a medal will be offered to him.
5. My old headmaster has just paid me a visit, and it was through his kindness that I got my present job

6. They wonder where they are going on holiday and how long they will stay there.
7. You were told to not use a dictionary ? It was strictly forbidden!
8. Even though she is strict, her children really love her, and they obey her always with a smile.
As strict as she is, her children really love her and they obey her always with a smile.
9. She regrets her friends don't be here yet, but I, I prefer not to have met them.
10. Unlike his wife, he is not fond of team games, for him, he is more important to win alone, and to be always the best.
11. It's a pleasure to see you again. We hadn't seen us for at least 6 months, and now, we will see us again, next year only. It's such a pity!
12. You Only, know where she is, she is in a safe place, and never you'll betray her.

Dear Here4U, as usual, I was pleased to do this exercise ! As usual, I am full of doubt, but it's like that,.. so, let's go!

Réponse: Exercice 17/encore varié de joe39, postée le 10-10-2014 à 20:31:40 (S | E)

Hello dear here4!

Here I'm wit my try

1) Even if you give him a lot of help, he'll never be grateful to you. He takes everything for granted.
No matter the lot of help you give him, he’ll never be grateful to you, because he takes everything for granted.
2) If he hadn’t been so rude during the meeting, he wouldn't have been booed by the audience.
- Hadn’t he been so rude during the meeting, he wouldn’t have been booed by the audience.
3) When I stirred the cream more firmly, it became very bad and got a lot of big
lumps.
- The ...( progression parallèle).
The firmer I stirred the cream, the worse it became, getting fuller of big slumps.
4) Thanks to his good performance, they named him President of the club and they will offer him a medal. ( 2 Passives)
Thanks to his good performance he was named President of the club and a medal will be offered him.
5) My old Headmaster has just paid me a visit. Through his kindness I got my present job. (One sentence linked by a relative pronoun)
My old Headmaster, thanks to whose kindness I got my present job, has just paid me a visit.
They are wondering where to go on holidays and how long to stay.
They are wondering where to go and how long to stay on holidays
7)On ne vous avait pas dit de ne pas utiliser un dictionnaire ? C’était strictement interdit !
Haven’t you been told that the use of a dictionary/vocabulary has been strictly forbidden?
Didn’t they tell you that the use of a vocabulary/dictionary was strictly forbidden?
8) Aussi sévère qu’elle soit, ses enfants l’aiment très fort et lui obéissent toujours avec le sourire ...(2formes)
No matter how strict she is, her children love her very much and always obey her smiling.
She is loved very much by her children, who, in spite of her strictness always obey smiley.
She regrets her friends haven’t arrived/come here yet, but I prefer not to have met them.
10) Contrairement à sa femme, il n’aime pas les sports d’équipe. Pour lui, il est bien plus important de gagner seul et d’être toujours le meilleur !
Contrarywise of his wife, he doesn’t like team sports. He’d rather be the only winner and always the best/ For him is much more important to win by himself and be always the better (between two)/ the best (among more than two).
11) Cela me fait plaisir de te revoir … Nous ne nous étions pas vus depuis au moins 6 mois, et nous ne nous reverrons que l’année prochaine. C’est vraiment dommage !
I’m happy to see you again….We haven’t been seing/meeting us for 6 months at least, and we’ll see/meet us again not before than the next year. What a pity!
12) Toi seule sais où elle se trouve ; elle est en toute sécurité et jamais tu ne la dénonceras…
Since only you know where she is and you never will unveil the whereabouts/ the place, She’s definitely safe.

Thank you very much for your nice exercise.

Ready for the next one to come I remain,
Your friendly.

joe39

Réponse: Exercice 17/encore varié de alpiem, postée le 10-10-2014 à 22:09:09 (S | E)
Hello here4u,
nice of you to be here for us!

1/He takes everything for granted so as even if you give him a lot of help, he'll never be grateful to you.
2/Hadn't he been so rude during the meeting, he wouldn't have been booed by the audience.
3/The more firmly I stirred the cream,the worse and filled with big lumps it became.
4/Thanks to his good performances he was named President of the club and he will be offered a medal .
5/My old headmaster through whose kindness I got my present job, has just paid me a visit.
6/They are wondering where they will spend their holidays and how long they will stay.
7/Hadn't you been told not to use a dictionary? It's strictly forbiden !
8/Harsh though she may be,her children love her very much and obey her with a smile.
8bis: Harsh though she may be, she's very much loved and smilingly obeyed by her children.
9/She wishes her friends had already come but I'd rather not having met them.
10/Unlike his wife he is not keen on team sports.For him it's more important to win alone by oneself and always be the best!
11/I'm very happy to see you again.......We have not met for at last 6 month and we will not meet again before next year.It's a pity!
12/You are the only one who knows where she is; she is secure and you will never blow the whistle on her.

-------------------
Modifié par alpiem le 11-10-2014 21:08

Réponse: Exercice 17/encore varié de mariecs, postée le 11-10-2014 à 14:46:47 (S | E)
Hello Here4u, Thanks for this work, it's a first for me.

1)No matter how much help you give him, he'll never be grateful to you. He takes everything for granted
2)Hadn't he been so rude during the meeting, he wouldn't have been booed by the audience.
3)The more firmly I stirred the cream the more it became very bad and got a lot of big lumps...
4)Thanks to his good performance, he was named President of the club and he was offered a medal.
5)My old Headmaster whose kindness I got my present job has just paid me a visit.
6)They wonder where they are going for their holidays and how long they will stay there.
7)You had not been told not to use a dictionary ? it was strictly forbidden.
8)Strict as she is , her children love her very much and always obey her with a smile.
Though she is strict, her children love her very much and always obey her with a smile.
9)She regrets her friends are not here yet but I prefer not to have met them
10)Unlike his wife he doen't like team sports. For him, it is more important to win alone and always be the best !
11) I am glad to see you again...We had not met for at least six months, and we'll only meet again next year. It's really a pity !
12) You are the only one to know where she is; she is safe and you 'll never denounce her...

-------------------
Modifié par mariecs le 14-10-2014 20:05

Réponse: Exercice 17/encore varié de here4u, postée le 11-10-2014 à 17:06:27 (S | E)
Hello !

to mariecs and hmarie !

I hope that Lucile's nap is finished by now ... Congrats to all of you ... You're doing well ... and may still change words for a few days ! Have a good weekend !

Réponse: Exercice 17/encore varié de maxwell, postée le 11-10-2014 à 18:08:53 (S | E)
Hello Here4us, I keep on learning each time I play with you and it's a great pleasure ! I'll never thank you enough for that !
Here's my work :

1) No matter how much you help him, he'll never be grateful to you since (or : as) he takes everything for granted
2) Had he been less rude during the meeting, he wouldn't have (or : he might not have) been booed by the audience
3) The more firmly I stirred the cream, the worse it became and the more big lumps it got.
4) Thanks to his good performance, he was named President of the club and will be offered a medal.
5) My old Headmaster, through whose kindness I got my present job, has just paid me a visit.
6) They wonder where they're going to spend their holiday and how long they're going to stay there.
7) Weren't you told not to use a dictionary ? It was strictly forbidden !
8) So severe as she may be (or : no matter how severe she is) (or : however severe she may be) , her children love her dearly and always obey her light-heartedly
9) She regrets her friends not to be here yet, (or : She wishes her friends were already there,) but I prefer us not to meet (each other).
10) Unlike his wife, he doesn't like team sports. For him, it's far more important to win on your own and always be the best !
11) It's good to see you again... We haven't seen each other for at least six months and will only see each other again next year (or : won't see each other again until next year). It's a real shame (or : it's really unfortunate)
12) Only you know where she is ; she is completely safe and you'll never turn her in (or : betray her)

Réponse: Exercice 17/encore varié de taiji43, postée le 12-10-2014 à 17:19:42 (S | E)
Dear Here4U,thank you for this nice tricky try. It's very useful for our brain!

Even if you give him a lot of help, he'll never be grateful to you. He takes everything for granted.
No matter you gave him a lot of help he would be never grateful to you because he takes everything for grated

Had he better not be so rude during the meeting , he wouln’t have been booed by the audience

3) When I stirred the cream more firmly, it became very bad and got a lot of big lumps.
The more I stirred the cream firmly, the worse it became and the more big lumps it got.

Thank to his good performance, he was named president of the club and will be offered a medal

I have just been paid a visit by my old headmaster whose, through his kindness, I got my présent job

They are wondering where they are going to spend their holiday and how long they will be staying there

7) On ne vous avait pas dit de ne pas utiliser un dictionnaire ? C’était strictement interdit !
haden’t you been told not using a dictionary ?it is strictly forbidden

8) Aussi sévère qu’elle soit, ses enfants l’aiment très fort et lui obéissent toujours avec le sourire ...(2forme
As strick as she may be/however severe she may be, her children belove her and always obey her with a smile …………………….
she wishes her friensds were here yet, however as I am concerned/ as for me, I would rather not have met them

Unlike his wife, he doesn’t like team games .For him, it is far more important to win on his own and be always the best.

11) Cela me fait plaisir de te revoir … Nous ne nous étions pas vus depuis au moins 6 mois, et nous ne nous reverrons que l’année prochaine. C’est vraiment dommage
I am very pleased/glad to see/ met you again …we hadn’t met each other for six months at least and we won’t see each other again until next year. Really, what a pity ! .

12) Toi seule sais où elle se trouve ; elle est en toute sécurité et jamais tu ne la dénonceras …
Only you know where she is ; she is in complete safely and you will never turn her in/will never betray her.

Réponse: Exercice 17/encore varié de notrepere, postée le 13-10-2014 à 00:51:32 (S | E)
Hello

1) No matter how much help you give him, he'll never be grateful to you because he takes everyone for granted.
2) Had he not been so rude during the meeting, he wouldn't have been booed by the audience.
3) The more firmly I stirred the cream, the more lumps and the worse it became.
4) Thanks to his good performance, he was named President of the club and he will be offered a medal.
5) My old Headmaster, whose kindness got me my present job, has just paid me a visit.
6) They wonder where they will spend their vacation and how long they will stay.
7) Hadn't you been told not to use a dictionary? It is strictly forbidden!
8) Even though she is strict, her children love her greatly and always obey her with a smile... / However strict she is, her children love her dearly and always do what she says with a smile...
9) She's sorry her friends aren't here yet, but as for me, I'd be happy if they never arrived at all...
10) Contrary to his wife, he doesn't like team sports. For him, it is more important to be the sole winner and always be the best.
11) It's a pleasure to see you... We haven't seen one another for at least six month, and won't see you again until next year. It's really too bad.
12) You alone know her whereabouts; she is completely safe and you'll never betray her.

Modifié par notrepere le 17-10-2014 00:36

Réponse: Exercice 17/encore varié de ronald1955, postée le 13-10-2014 à 10:07:58 (S | E)
Hello Here4u,
Here is my try!

a- No matter how much you help him, he'll never be grateful to you as he takes everything for granted.
b- No matter how helpful you are, he'll never be grateful to you since he has taken everything for granted.
c- No matter how helpful you may/can be with him, he'll never be grateful to you as he takes everything for granted.

a- Had he not been so rude during the meeting, he wouldn’t have been booed by the audience.
b- Had he been less rude during the meeting, he wouldn't have been booed by the audience.

a- The more firmly I stirred the cream, the worse it became and the more big lumps it got.
b- The more firmly I stirred the cream, the worse it became and a lot of big lumps I got.

a- Thanks to his good performance, he was named President of the club and a medal will be offered him.
b- Thanks to his good performance, he was named President of the club and will be offered a medal

a- My old Headmaster, whose kindness I got my present job, has just paid me a visit.
b- My old Headmaster, through whose kindness I got my present job, has just paid me a visit.

a- They wonder where they're going to spend their holiday and how long they're going to stay there.
b- They are wondering where they will spend their holiday and how long they will stay there.

7) On ne vous avait pas dit de ne pas utiliser un dictionnaire ? C’était strictement interdit!
a- Hadn't you been told not to use a dictionary ? It was strictly forbidden !
b- Weren't you told not to use a dictionary ? It was strictly forbidden !

a- As/So severe as she may be, her children really love her heartily and always obey her with smiling....
b- However strict she may be, her children love her very much and always obey her with a smile...

a- She regrets that her friends haven’t been here yet, but as far as I'm concerned, I prefer not to have met them.
b- She wishes her friends were here yet, as for me, I would rather not have met them.

10)Contrairement à sa femme, il n’aime pas les sports d’équipe. Pour lui, il est bien plus important de gagner seul et d’être toujours le meilleur !
a- Unlike his wife, he doesn’t like team games. For him, it's far more important to win on his own and always be the best !
b- Unlike his wife, he doesn't like team sports. For him, it is far more important to win alone and always be the best !

11)Cela me fait plaisir de te revoir... Nous ne nous étions pas vus depuis au moins 6 mois, et nous ne nous reverrons que l’année prochaine. C’est vraiment dommage !
a- I’m very pleased to see you again... We haven’t seen one another for at least six months, and we’re not going to see one another again til next year. It's such a pity!
b- It's nice to see you again... We haven't seen each other for at least six months and will only see each other again until next year. It's really a pity!

12)Toi seule sais où elle se trouve ; elle est en toute sécurité et jamais tu ne la dénonceras...
a- Only you know where she is; she is completely safe and you'll never betray her...
b- You are the only one who knows where she is; she's in complete safety and you will never denounce her...

Thanks a lot Here4u for the creation of these useful exercises !!

Réponse: Exercice 17/encore varié de lucile83, postée le 13-10-2014 à 10:29:59 (S | E)
Hello

Here is my sooooo tiring work! I'll take a nap in the afternoon
Have a nice day

1. No matter how helpful you can be with him, he’ll never be grateful to you because he takes everything for granted.
2. Had he been less rude during the meeting, he wouldn't have been booed by the audience.
3. The more firmly I stirred the cream, the worse it became and the more big lumps it got.
4. Thanks to his good performance, he was named President of the club and offered a medal.
5. I got my present job through the kindness of my old Headmaster who has just paid me a visit.
My old Headmaster, who has just paid me a visit, allowed me through his kindness to get my present job.

6. They wonder where they are going to spend their holidays and how long they are going to stay there.
7. Weren’t you told not to use a dictionary? It was strictly prohibited!
8. However strict she is, her children love her very much and always obey her light-heartedly.
As strict as she is, her children love her very much and always obey her light-heartedly.
9. She wishes her friends were here yet, but I do prefer not to have met them…
10. Unlike his wife, he doesn’t like team sports. As for him, it is much more important to win by himself and always be the best!
11. I am glad to see you again…We hadn’t met for at least six months, and we’ll meet again as far as next year. It’s a real shame!
12. You are the only one to know where she is; she is totally safe and you’ll never inform on her…

Réponse: Exercice 17/encore varié de lakata, postée le 13-10-2014 à 16:42:32 (S | E)
Hello dear Here4u and thank you again, again and again!

But sh!!! I'll post my work on tiptoe in order not to wake Lucile up...

No matter how much help you give him / how helpful you're with him, he'll never be grateful to you as he takes everything for granted.

2) If he hadn't been so rude during the meeting, he wouldn't have been booed by the audience.
Had he been not so rude during the meeting, he wouldn't have been booed by the audience.

The more firmly I stirred the cream, the worse it became and the more big lumps it got.

4) Thanks to his good performance, they named him president of the club and they will offer him a medal.
Thanks to his good performance, he was named president of the club and will be offered a medal.

5) My old headmaster has just paid me a visit. Through his kindness I got my present job.
My old headmaster, through whose kindness I got my present job, has just paid me a visit.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They wonder where they're going on holiday and how long they're going to stay there.

7) On ne vous avait pas dit de ne pas utiliser un dictionnaire ? C'était strictement interdit !
Weren't you told not to use a dictionary ? It was strictly prohibited!

8) Aussi sévère qu'elle soit, ses enfants l'aiment très fort et lui obéissent toujours avec le sourire (2 formes)
As strict as she may be / However strict she may be/ Despite the fact she is strict, her chidren do like her and obey her always gladly.

9) Elle regrette que ses amis ne soient pas encore ici, mais moi, je préfère ne pas les avoir rencontrés.
She wishes her friends were still here, but, as far as I'm concerned, I prefer not to have met them.

10) Contrairement à sa femme, il n'aime pas les sports d'équipe. Pour lui, il est bien plus important de gagner seul et d'être toujours le meilleur.
Unlike his wife, he doesn't like team sports. He does think it's much more important to win by oneself / on one's own and to always be the best.

11) Cela me fait plaisir de te revoir...Nous ne nous étions pas vus depuis au moins six mois, et nous ne nous reverrons que l'année prochaine. C'est vraiment dommage !
I'm pleased to see you again. It's (been) at least six months since we last met, and we'll meet again only a year from now. It's a real pity!

12) Toi seule sait où elle se trouve ; elle est en toute sécurité et jamais tu ne la dénonceras.
You're the only one to know where she is. She's in complete safety and you'll never give her up.

-------------------
Modifié par lakata le 15-10-2014 09:33

Réponse: Exercice 17/encore varié de icare29, postée le 13-10-2014 à 23:33:07 (S | E)
Hello Here here my work
- No matter how much help you give him , he 'll never be grateful to you because he takes everything for granted .
2) If he hadn't been so rude during the meeting, he wouldn't have been booed by the audience.
- Had he not been so rude during the meeting , he wouldn't have been booed by the audience
- The more firmly I stirred the cream, the worse it became and the more big lumps it got
4) Thanks to his good performance, they named him President of the club and they will offer him a medal.
Thanks to his good experience he was named President of the club and he will be offered a medal
5) My old Headmaster has just paid me a visit. Through his kindness I got my present job.
My old headmaster, whose kindness permit me to get my present job ,has just paid me a visit
They wonder where they are going to spend their holidays and how long they are going to stay there
Hadn't you been told not using the dictionary ? It was absolutely forbidden!
8) Aussi sévère qu'elle soit, ses enfants l'aiment très fort et lui obéissent toujours avec le sourire ..
As strict as she is, her children love her very much and they always obey her with a smile
9) Elle regrette que ses amis ne soient pas encore ici, mais moi, je préfère ne pas les avoir rencontrés ?
She wishes her friends weren't here yet , but for me I would rather not have met them
10) Contrairement à sa femme, il n'aime pas les sports d'équipe. Pour lui, il est bien plus important de gagner seul et d'être toujours le meilleur !
Unlike his wife he doesn't like team sports. For him, it is much more important to win by himself and always being the best.
11) Cela me fait plaisir de te revoir ? Nous ne nous étions pas vus depuis au moins 6 mois, et nous ne nous reverrons que l'année prochaine. C'est vraiment dommage !
I am very glad to see you again . We hadn't seen each other for at least six months and we will not seen each other again until next year . It's really bad !
12) Toi seule sais où elle se trouve ; elle est en toute sécurité et jamais tu ne la dénonceras ?
You are the only person who knows where she is, She is in complete security and you will never denounce her.

Thank you very much for this next interesting test

-------------------
Modifié par icare29 le 16-10-2014 11:20

Réponse: Exercice 17/encore varié de hushpuppy, postée le 14-10-2014 à 01:47:14 (S | E)
Salut,
Merci pour la chance d'améliorer mon français! Je souhaite qu'on trouve des exercices interactifs comme celui-ci sur le forum

1) No matter how much help you give him, he will never be grateful to you because he takes everything for granted.
2) Had he not been so rude during the meeting, he wouldn't have been booed by the audience.
3) The more firmly I stirred the cream, the worse it became, and the more lumpy it got.
4) He was named President of the club and will be offered a medal, thanks to his good performance.
5) Through the kindness of my old Headmaster, who just paid me a visit, I got my present job.
6) They wonder where they will go to take their vacation/ go on vacation /go on holiday and for how long they will stay there.
7) Didn't we tell you not to use a dictionary? That was strictly forbidden!
8) As harsh as she might be, her children love her very much and always obey her with a smile.
Although she may be harsh, her children love her very much and always obey her, smiling all the while.
9) She is sad that her friends are no longer here, but for myself, I would have preferred not to have met them.
10) Contrary to his wife, he doesn't like team sports. For him, it is more important to win standing alone and to always be the best!
11) It's a pleasure to see you again ... We hadn't seen each other for at least six months, and we won't see each other again until next year. It's such a shame!
12) Only you know where to find her; she is completely safe and you will never give her up/sell her out .... oh là là effectivement

Réponse: Exercice 17/encore varié de maya92, postée le 14-10-2014 à 17:27:06 (S | E)
Hello here4u,

1 - No matter how much help you give him, he’ll never be grateful because he takes everything for granted
2 Had he not been so rude during the meeting, he would not have been booed by the audience
3 – The more firmly I stirred the cream the worse and the lumpier it became
4 – Thanks to his good performance, he has been named President of the club and been offered a medal
5 – My old headmaster to whose kindness I got my present job has just paid me a visit
6 – They wonder where they are going to spend their holidays and how long they will stay
8- -Had not you been told not to use a dictionary ? It is strictly forbidden
8- No matter how strict she may be, her children like her very much and always obey her with a smile
Strict as she may be…
9 – She is sorry her friends are not here yet, but I prefer not to have met them
10 Unlike his wife, he does not like team sport. For him it is far more important to win alone and be the best
11 – Nice to see you again..We had not seen each other for at least 6 months and we’ll only meet again next year. It’s really a pity !
11 – You alone know where she may be ; she is completely safe and you’ll never give her away

Thank you so much for this exercise, I like that ..

Réponse: Exercice 17/encore varié de here4u, postée le 14-10-2014 à 18:15:56 (S | E)
Hello !
I've started looking through your productions but don't like the 'as' (which was massively chosen by most of you ) as one of the two options in S8...
Otherwise, you're getting better and better !

Réponse: Exercice 17/encore varié de ariane6, postée le 17-10-2014 à 00:16:01 (S | E)
Hello here4u !

1) No matter how much you help him, he'll never be grateful to you as he takes everything for granted.
2) Had he been less rude during the meeting, he wouldn't have been booed by the audience.
3) The more firmly I stirred the cream, the worse it became and the bigger the lumps grew.
4) Thanks to his fine performance, he was named president of the club and will be offered a golden medal.
5) My old headmaster, through whose kindness I got my present job, has just paid me a visit.
6) They're wondering where they're going to spend their holidays and how long they're going to stay there.
7) Weren't you told not to use a dictionary? It was strictly forbidden!
8) However strict she may be, her children love her very much and always obey her with smiles on their faces.
9) She regrets her friends are no longer here, but I'm pleased not to have met them.
10) Unlike his wife, he doesn't like team sports. For him, it's far more important to win individually and to always be the best!
11) It's good to see you again... We haven't seen each other for at least six months and we'll only get to meet each other again next year. What a pity!
12) Only you know where she is; she's in a safe hiding place and you'll never betray her.

beaucoup !

Réponse: Exercice 17/encore varié de here4u, postée le 18-10-2014 à 01:52:44 (S | E)
Hello
Collective correction coming late afternoon on the 18th if you still want to have a go !
EX 18 has been out since last night ... Enjoy !

Réponse: Exercice 17/encore varié de here4u, postée le 18-10-2014 à 18:28:38 (S | E)
Hello
You've worked a lot, thought a lot, and made real progress... Congratulations to all of you !
Most of the times the 'errors' were caused by tenses, or careless mistakes about things you obviously knew ...
I posted the new exercise(exercice 18) yesterday ...

- No matter whether/if you give him a lot of help, he’ll never be grateful to you ! He takes everything /everyone for granted ! /'No matter how much help …' Do not forget to notice what I ask for, and to ‘satisfy me’ ! Thank you !
2) If he hadn’t been so rude during the meeting, he wouldn't have been booed by the audience-
- Had he been less rude during the meeting, he wouldn’t have been booed by the audience.(I had some ‘Had he been not …’ and ‘Had he not been' … both were equally disturbing … Some cunning ones among you have solved the predicament by writing ‘Had he been less rude’ !
3) When I stirred the cream more firmly, it became very bad and got a lot of lumps.
- The more firmly I stirred the cream, the worse it became, and the more lumps it got.
I hadn’t given details about the lumps … Many of you wrote : ‘the more big lumps … ‘ which really disturbed me though I had understood that 'more' applied to ‘lumps’ and not to ‘big' ... Many improvements concerning that parallel progression (bad = > worse .)
4) Thanks to his good performance, they named him President of the club and they will offer him a medal.
- Thanks to his good performance, he was named President of the club and will be offered a medal.
Here, 2 ‘ordinary’ passive forms. The only difficulty being the tenses (which were different !) Many of you didn’t pay attention to that detail !
5) My old Headmaster has just paid me a visit. Through his kindness I got my present job.
- My old Headmaster, through whose kindness I got my present job, has just paid me a visit.
Many purists, ont bien utilisé 'la particule + WHOSE + objet possédé sans article'pas forcément facile à utiliser à l'oral,bien sûr!) , Others have changed the construction :'whose kindness got me'= Clever ! Others have just used ‘who’ which was much less satisfactory !
6) Ils se demandent où ils vont passer leurs vacances et combien de temps ils vont rester.
They’re wondering where they’re going to spend their holidays/vacation and how long they’re going to stay. (they’ll spend/ they are to go on) No problem !
-Hadn’t you been told not to use a dictionary ? It was strictly forbidden.
The French question was ‘familiar’, and not really correct, but you can’t translate that in English, can you. What was sure is that being told not to use the dictionary (or not being told) had happened before some used it => the tense was definitely a past perfect. .
8) Aussi sévère qu’elle soit, ses enfants l’aiment très fort et lui obéissent toujours avec le sourire ...(2 formes)
-However strict she is with her kids, they love her dearly and always obey her with a smile./No matter how strict ...
I said I didn’t like ‘as’ here because it was an easy way out (something that would be used in First year of English ! and you’re very Advanced ! )
9) Elle regrette que ses amis ne soient pas encore ici, mais moi, je préfère ne pas les avoir rencontrés …
- She wishes her friends had already been here, but I’m happy I didn’t meet them.
Take care : I wish + preterite = a wish. To express a regret, you need a past perfect : This sentence was misunderstood even by French Speakers : the first part was clear ; her friends were NOT here. (‘her friends weren’t here yet’ but expressing a ‘regret’ = ‘If only her friends had already been here) Now, the second part clearly means that someone is going to leave, but, consequently hasn’t seen the woman’s friends and is happy about that !
- Unlike(Contrary to) his wife he doesn’t like team sports. For him, it’s much more important to win alone and to be always the best !
11) Cela me fait plaisir de te revoir … Nous ne nous étions pas vus depuis 6 mois, et nous ne nous reverrons que l’année prochaine. C’est vraiment dommage !
- I’m happy to see you again ! We hadn’t seen each other for 6 months and won’t see each other again before next year. It’s a pity ! (Here again, a few problems with the tenses …)The present perfect would have been possible, but I would have written : ‘Nous ne nous sommes pas vus depuis ...'!
It seems that the distinction between ‘each other’ and ‘one another’ has now disappeared …
- Only you(You alone) know where she is ! She’s safe and you’ll never betray her !/give away/ denounce )

Thank you for playing with me ... Seeing you so enthusiastic to improve your English, and witnessing all the questions you ask yourselves, is a fantastic feeling !
It's great Have a wonderful Sunday !

Réponse: Exercice 17/encore varié de lucile83, postée le 18-10-2014 à 22:17:06 (S | E)

Thank you so much

Réponse: Exercice 17/encore varié de notrepere, postée le 18-10-2014 à 23:09:50 (S | E)
Bonjour here4u

Thank you for your correction.
Interesting discussion regarding question 2.
Lien internet

Réponse: Exercice 17/encore varié de here4u, postée le 19-10-2014 à 00:53:50 (S | E)
Hello
Thank you, notrepere for drawing my attention on 2 ... I finally chose to avoid the problem ( I must be a coward ... and Berland-Delépine has avoided it too ...) I'll go on looking and will keep you all posted ...

Réponse: Exercice 17/encore varié de koreen2012, postée le 19-10-2014 à 03:48:49 (S | E)
Hello Here4u !!!!
Merci pour cette correction trés complète

Réponse: Exercice 17/encore varié de hmarie, postée le 19-10-2014 à 22:33:27 (S | E)
. Thank you Here4u for this exercise and the time you spent for the correction.

Réponse: Exercice 17/encore varié de tereda, postée le 20-10-2014 à 09:43:13 (S | E)
thanks again Here4U, for the time you spend for us ***, ****

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours d'anglais | Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours et exercices d'espagnol 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. / Partager sur les réseaux