Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

<< Retour au forum

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

Message de cute posté le 2004-07-19 04:28:06 (S | E | F | I)
our main problem to speak or to write english very well is we are thinking in french and turn it to english. how to do to get rid of this heavy burden?

-------------------
Edité par mariet
HYWM (Hope You Won't Mind)

Our main problem to speak or to write English very well is we think* in French and turn it to English. How can we get rid of this heavy burden?
* présent BE + ING => actualité

Réponse: re de caz9, postée le 2004-07-19 09:47:35 (S | E)
No idea! We have the same problem translating from English to French. I think you need to be able to "think" as an Englishman does (or in my case a Frenchman). The more you read, listen and talk in your chosen second language the better you will become. As other members on this forum have said "practise, practise, practise"!

Réponse: re de zit, postée le 2004-07-19 10:18:35 (S | E)
That's right! You need to practise a lot before thinking like a native English speaker. The best way is always to go abroad, you will learn very quickly. That'll arrive without having consciousness of it.
It's magic ;-)

Réponse: re de joy813, postée le 2004-07-19 10:26:37 (S | E)
Yes, in fact, you have to think in the language you speak, otherwise (if you make the translation from French to English) it's not a good way.
You have to read, to listen too.
Try to do it even if it seems difficult .... every day, step by step ...
don't worry ...
Joy

Réponse: re de lucile83, postée le 2004-07-19 15:37:49 (S | E)
Try to get used to think in English for EVERYTHING you do ;
as soon as you wake up think " I'm going to have a nice cup of coffee" or " I'm going to have my breakfast" and so on... it is just a habit;
bye

Réponse: re de cute, postée le 2004-07-20 03:51:19 (S | E)
thank you having correct my mistakes

Réponse: re de miss loly, postée le 2004-07-20 10:53:07 (S | E)
be patient... i speak every evening with an english on msn, and little by little, i have progressed, even in my way to think.

Regularity and patience are the best way to progress

Réponse: re de radija, postée le 2004-07-26 17:00:37 (S | E)
I think you had better to learn small sentences rather than say long one. In fact, the best way to think in English is to know the main grammatical rules and some phrases very useful. The shorter your sentences are, the better you can speak fluently.

You need also some reflexes to have as "We know", "I mean", etc when you think about what you want to say.

You can make a mistake. But the more important thing is to give your opinion and to communicate. So, in the beginning, don't be so demanding !

Réponse: re de monik, postée le 2004-07-26 18:36:25 (S | E)
One day you'll realize that you dream in English, which means that you think in English. How to get there? I'm not sure... Try to practise some sentences before going to bed, listen to English songs you know by heart. It might work ! good luck...

Réponse: re:from french to english de TravisKidd, postée le 2004-07-30 17:49:00 (S | E)
Every day you should talk to yourself in English!

I'm American and other than the Internet there are few opportunities to use and practice my French. So sometimes I will just say to myself things in French such as "J'ai enfin fini mon travail pour aujourd'hui! Qu'est-ce que je vais faire maintenant? Je pense que j'irai à McDo pour manger, puis le cinéma, puis au supermaché, puis ..." etc. etc.

The goal is to *think* in the other language, so that you are going directly from the idea in your mind to the foreign-language sentence, without giving any thought to your own language.

Good luck!

Réponse: re:from french to english de joy813, postée le 2004-07-31 21:51:17 (S | E)
I agree with Monik ! It's true, and I dreamt in English last week, for the first time ! I'm very very happy ! yesssssssssss
Joy

Réponse: re:from French to English de aodglas, postée le 2004-08-01 18:32:40 (S | E)
Yes it is.Don't woory,i spent a few months in toronto a long time ago and i came back this week for a short journey with my daugther in London.The first day my daughter(she learned tow years ago) asked to me:what's this accent, i can't undertand any words? Me: British one of course.Practise and practise ,speak and listen as well as I can ,are my object or goal (Can i say 'goal 'like traviskidd)to improve my english.
Good evening or good night.It's half past six, so...

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux