Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Rack your brains/10 and help

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Rack your brains/10 and help
Message de here4u posté le 12-11-2017 à 16:08:11 (S | E | F)
Hello, dear Friends!

My "poor student" spent a few days in the USA last November. Unfortunately, his written English hasn't improved a lot, and he really needs your help. Correction le 29 novembre tard, de cet exercice .

I) Student in Danger! SOS, student in need… The following text has mistakes to be corrected...
« me thank giving into USA » :
In public spirit, the first thank giving day has ocured on 1621 when the plymouth pilgrims community joined a fiist with local indians to celebrate first harvest than colonist have reapt on american soil. Nowadays, thank sgiving mean :
- to provide free thank giving diner for the needies served by voluntir to the poors and give charitable contributions in general.
- to fiist with large thank giving diner and from leftover for the week to coming. Turky is the centre piece of the meal, and it is usually bakt or roastid. (corn on the cob, buter nut squash, candyed yams, green been casserole, cranberries sauce, and pumkin pie are any of the most traditional ate food. )
- at television, U.S. president “pardons” a turkey. This tradition startid after Donald Reagan issud a official president pardon to a turky on 1987 and sent it to a pet zoo insted.
- to wach or attend a thank giving parade; to shop on black friday, the day after thank giving when huge sale abounding evry were and store stay opened late.

II) Terminez librement les phrases suivantes en répondant aux obligations grammaticales : (Juste parce que je sais que vous aimez bien travailler sur les temps !

1. Since he arrived in this town, ....................
2. For the last ten days ............................
3. I have been working on this site since ...........
4. I left England 5 years ........ . Since then, I ....................
5. For several months, you ...................................

Classique, donc ! Il faut souvent revenir aux "fondamentaux" ... Bon courage ! and THE FORCE is with you !

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 12-11-2017 16:39

Réponse : Rack your brains/10 and help de lucile83, postée le 17-11-2017 à 22:32:54 (S | E)
Hello,
You have something to do here, haven't you?
Thanks

Réponse : Rack your brains/10 and help de here4u, postée le 19-11-2017 à 17:25:14 (S | E)
Hello !
Yes, they do! But as the Friends working here are also working for ex. 120 ( which is much longer and requires more work,) they start with the longer and more difficult exercise... and have then fun with "the easy one" It's not the first time I have noticed the phenomenon... Take your time and give me your best, as usual... (but, if you can, try not to post on the last minute (if you do, you'll have to wait for your individual corrections while I'm busy with the collective one! )

Réponse : Rack your brains/10 and help de lucile83, postée le 19-11-2017 à 18:22:49 (S | E)

Oh I see! They are working very hard. Let us not disturb them.

Réponse : Rack your brains/10 and help de alpiem, postée le 20-11-2017 à 11:10:55 (S | E)
I) Student in Danger! SOS, student in need… The following text has mistakes to be corrected...READY
In THE public spirit, the first thankS giving day has oCcured on 1621 when the plymouth pilgrims community joined a fEAst with local indians to celebrate THE first harvest thaT colonistS have reapPED on american soil. Nowadays, thankS giving mean :
- to provide free thankS giving diner for the needies served by voluntEErS to the poor and give charitable contributions in general.
- to fEAst with large thankS giving diner and from leftoverS for the week to comE. Turkey is the centre piece of the meal, and it is usually bakED or roastEd. (corn on the cob, buter nut squash, candyed yams, green beenS casserole, cranberries sauce, and pumkin pie are A FEW of the most traditional EATEN foodS. )
- at television, U.S. president “pardons” a turkey. This tradition startEd after Donald Reagan issuEd a official president pardon to a turkEy on 1987 and sent it to a pet zoo insteAd.
- to waTch or attend a thankS giving parade; to shop on black friday, the day after thankS giving when huge saleS abounD evErYwere and storeS stay open late.

II)
1)Since he arrived in this town he hasn't even visited anyone of the monuments he was advised to view.
2)For the last ten days he has not left his bed because of a severe cold he caught when running outdoors.
3)I have been working on this site since I was a teenager.
4)I left England five years ago. Since then I had been itch -hiking all around the world,as my family had challenged me
into fulfilling.
5)For several months you didn't give us a single sign of life ;I hope you are aware of the worry you had put us through
Don't you?

Réponse : Rack your brains/10 and help de boubouille, postée le 20-11-2017 à 15:15:58 (S | E)

I) Student in Danger! SOS, student in need… The following text has mistakes to be
ready for correction
« me thank WAS GIVEN into USA » :
In the public spirit, the first THANKSGIVING day has OCCURRED on 1621 when the PLYMOUTH PILGRIM community joined a FEAST with local INDIANS to celebrate THE first harvest than colonist have REAPED on AMERICAN soil. Nowadays, THANKSGIVING MEANS :
- to provide free thank WAS GIVEN diner for the needies served by VOLUNTEERS to the poors and give charitable contributions in general.
- to FEAST with large THANKSGIVING DINNER and from leftover for the week to coming. TURKEY is the CENTERPIECE of the meal, and it is usually BAKED or ROASTED. (corn on the cob, BUTTER nut squash, CANDIED yams, green BEAN casserole, ‘CRANBERRY sauce, and PUMPKIN pie are any of the most traditional ate food. )***
- at television, U.S. president “pardons” a turkey. This tradition STARTED after Donald Reagan ISSUED AN official PRESIDENTIAL pardon to a TURKEY on 1987 and sent it to a pet zoo INSTEAD.
- to WATCH or attend a thank giving parade; to shop on BLACK FRIDAY , the day after THANKING when A huge sale abounding EVERYWHERE and STORES stay OPEN late.

II) Terminez librement les phrases suivantes en répondant aux obligations grammaticales : (Juste parce que je sais que vous aimez bien travailler sur les temps !

1. Since he arrived in this town, we are all safe
2. For the last ten days, they still had their mother.
3. I have been working on this site since you bought this computer.
4. I left England 5 years previously. Since then, I was able to buy this restaurant.
5. For several months, you have been treated by our researchers
So, I hope that I have done honor to your duty dear Here.
I wish you a very good afternoon

Réponse : Rack your brains/10 and help de taiji43, postée le 20-11-2017 à 16:43:45 (S | E)
Dear Here4U,Thank you for your correction

READY TO BE CORRECTED

In public spirit, the first THANKSGIVING day has OCCURED IN 1621 when the PLYMOUTH pilgrims community joined a FEAST FOR THE FIRST TIME

local INDIANS to celebrate THE first harvest WHICH SETTLERS have REAPED ON THE AMERICAN soil. Nowadays, THANKS GIVING MEANS
to provide free THANKSGIVING DINNERS for the NEEDIEST served by VOLUNTEERS to the POOR and give charitable contributions. IN GENERAL

To FEAST : WITH large/ COPIOUS THANKSGIVING DINNERS and FROM LEFTOVERS for the COMING WEEK :TURKEY is the CENTERPIECE of the meal, and it is

usually BAKED or ROAST (corn on the cob, BUTTERNUT SQUASH, CANDY yam, green BEAN casserole, cranberry sauce, and

PUMPKIN PIE are A FEW of the most EATEN traditional DISHES.

-ON television, U.S. president “PARDONED” a turkey. This tradition STARTED ,WHEN Donald Reagan ISSUED AN official president ‘S TURKEY PARDON IN 1987 AND sent it in pet zoo INSTEAD

- TO WATCH or attend a THANKSGIVING parade; to shop on black FRIDAY, the day after THANKSGIVING when A huge sale ABOUND EVERYWHERE and STORES stay OPEN late.
Since he arrived in this town, .HE HAS BEEN VISITING MONUMENTS...................
2. For the last ten days, I SORTED OUT PAPERS............................
3. I have been working on this site since .2015..........
4. I left England 5 years .AGO . Since then, I have lived in Paris
For several months, YOU WILL WORK WITH ME

Réponse : Rack your brains/10 and help de djim21, postée le 20-11-2017 à 22:21:22 (S | E)
Hello Here4u,
Through racking my brain, I'm going to loose many neurons. I need them to do your exercices.
Have a nice week.
ready for correction
I) Student in Danger! SOS, student in need…
In public spirit, the first thank giving day has ocured on 1621 when the plymouth pilgrims community joined a fiist with local indians to celebrate first harvest than colonist have reapt on american soil. Nowadays, thank sgiving mean :
- to provide free thank giving diner for the needies served by voluntir to the poors and give charitable contributions in general.
- to fiist with large thank giving diner and from leftover for the week to coming. Turky is the centre piece of the meal, and it is usually bakt or roastid. (corn on the cob, buter nut squash, candyed yams, green been casserole, cranberries sauce, and pumkin pie are any of the most traditional ate food. )
- at television, U.S. president “pardons” a turkey. This tradition startid after Donald Reagan issud a official president pardon to a turky on 1987 and sent it to a pet zoo insted.
- to wach or attend a thank giving parade; to shop on black friday, the day after thank giving when huge sale abounding evry were and store stay opened late.

« My thanksgiving in USA » :
In public spirit, the first THANKSGIVING day occured IN 1621 when the pilgrims community OF PLYMOUTH joined IN a FEAST with local indians to celebrate THE first harvest THAT COLONISTS REAPTED on american soil. Nowadays, thanksgiving MEANS :
- PROVIDING free thanksgiving DINNER for the NEEDY, served by VOLUNTEERS to the POOR and GIVING charitable contributions in general.
- FEASTING WHILE A large THANKSGIVING DINNER and from LEFTOVERS for the week to COME. TURKEY is the CENTRAL piece of the meal and it is usually BAKED or ROASTED. ( corn on the cob, BUTTERNUT squash, yams, green BEANS casserole, cranberries sauce and PUMPKIN pie are SOME of the most traditional EATEN food.)
- ON television, U.S. president « BEGS PARDON » TO a turkey. This traditon STARTED after Donald Reagan ISSUED a president pardon to a TURKEY IN 1987 and sent it to a pet zoo INSTEAD.
- WATCHING or ATTENDING a THANKSGIVING parade ; SHOPPING on black friday, after the THANKSGIVING day when huge sale ARE ABUNDANT EVERYWHERE and STORES stay opened late.

II) Terminez librement les phrases suivantes en répondant aux obligations grammaticales :
1. Since he arrived in this town, he has been visiting many museums.
2. For the last ten days weather has been fine.
3. I have been working on this site since two o’clock.
4. I left England 5 years and 3 months ago . Since then, I am raring to come back.
5. For several months, you have been working on this project.

Réponse : Rack your brains/10 and help de tereda, postée le 21-11-2017 à 18:16:53 (S | E)
hello dear students ! I hope all is well for you and you've enjoyed this good exercise

I) Student in Danger! SOS, student in need…
My thanksgiving in USA.
In the people mind, the first Thanksgiving day has OCCURRED In 1621 when the PLYMOUTH pilgrimS community joined a feast with local Indians to celebrate first harvest than colonist have rapt on american soil. Nowadays, THANKSGIVING means :
- to provide free THANKSGIVING DINNER for the NEEDY served by VOLUNTEERS to the POOR and give charitable contributions in general.
- to FEAST with large Thanksgiving DINNER and from leftover for the COMING WEEK. Turkey is the centre piece of the meal, and it is usually BAKED OR ROASTED.
(corn on the cob, BUTTERNUT squash, CANDIED yams, green beans casserole, cranberries sauce, and PUMPKIN pie are SOME of the most traditional food. )
- on TV, U.S. President “pardons” a turkey. This tradition started after Ronald Reagan issued a official president pardon to a turkey in 1987 and sent it to a pet zoo instead.
- Watching or attending a Thanksgiving parade; go shopping on black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving when HUGE SALES ABOUND everywhere and stores stay opened late.

I) Terminez librement les phrases suivantes
1. Since he arrived in this town, He has played football every week.
2. For the last ten days I was not able to do any work...................
3. I have been working on this site since Mark has gone on Holiday.
4. I left England 5 years ago. . Since then, I live in FRANCE.
5. For several months, you have learnt the basics of the guitar, now, you are going to learn and play a few short pieces

to our friend HERE4U

Réponse : Rack your brains/10 and help de chocolatcitron, postée le 21-11-2017 à 22:38:27 (S | E)
Rack your brains/10 and help … de here4u Correction le 29 novembre.FINISHED.
Hello, my dear Here4u! Thank you, but with my fragmented Internet connexions, it was not easy to check all the points... ! !
Hi Everybody !
Here is my work :

My "poor student" spent a few days in the USA last November. Unfortunately, his written English hasn't improved a lot, and he really needs your help. .
I) Student in Danger! SOS, student in need… The following text has mistakes to be corrected...
My markings :
« MY THANKSGIVING in THE USA ».
In THE public 's mind, the first THANKSGIVING day OCCURED IN 1621 when the PLYMOUTH pilgrim community joined A HAND/HANDS with NATIVE AMERICANS to celebrate THE first harvest THAT THE COLONISTS REAPED on THE AMERICAN soil. Nowadays, THANKSGIVING MEANS :
- to provide free THANKSGIVING DINNERS for the needy served by VOLUNTEERS to the POOR and ELEEMOSYNARI TAXATION GENERALLY.
- to FEAST with large THANKSGIVING DINNER and from LEFTOVERS for THIS COMING WEEK. TURKEY is the CENTREPIECE (UK) of the meal, and it is usually BAKED or ROASTED. (corn on the cob, BUTTERNUT squash, CANDIED yams, green BEANS CASSEROLE, CRANBERRY sauce, and PUMPKIN pie are SOME of the most traditional EATEN food. )
- ON television, THE U.S. president “pardons” a turkey. This tradition STARTED WHEN George Bush* ISSUED AN official president pardon to a TURKEY IN 1989 and sent it to a pet zoo INSTEAD.
- to WATCH or attend a THANKSGIVING parade; to shop on BLACK FRIDAY , the day after THANKSGIVING when huge sales abound EVERYWHERE and STORES EXTEND THEIR OPENING HOURS.

* John F. Kennedy gracie une dinde en 1963, mais George W. Bush en fait une cérémonie annuelle en 1989.
Lien internet

II) Terminez librement les phrases suivantes en répondant aux obligations grammaticales...
1. Since he arrived in this town, he has improved his fellow citizen's lot!....
Depuis qu'il est arrivé dans cette ville, il a amélioré le sort de ses concitoyens...
2. For the last ten days I have had a lot of things to do!
Ces dix derniers jours, j'ai eu beaucoup de choses à faire !
3. I have been working on this site since October 1st, 2014: it was on Wednesday.
Je travaille sur ce site depuis le mercredi 1er octobre 2014.
4. I left England 5 years ago. Since then, I have stopped driving on the left.
J'ai quitté l'Angleterre il y a cinq ans. Depuis, j'ai arrêté la conduite à gauche...
5. For several months, you haven't seen any raindrop: because of drought, you have to water your vegetable garden every day.
Depuis plusieurs mois, tu n'as vu aucune goutte de pluie : à cause de la sécheresse, tu dois arroser ton potager chaque jour.

Réponse : Rack your brains/10 and help de sanna6, postée le 22-11-2017 à 19:56:52 (S | E)
Hello

I've finished my try. (Friday, November 24th 2017)

I thank you for these exercises Here4u

"MY THANKSGIVING in THE USA"

In public spirit, the first THANKSGIVING Day has OCCURED IN 1621 when the Plymouth Pilgrims community (joined) HELD a FEAST with local indians to celebrate THE first harvest thaT colonistS reapED on american soil. Nowadays, THANKSGIVING meanS :
- to provide free THANKSGIVING diner for the needies served by voluntEErS to the poors and give charitable contributions in general.
- to fEAst with large THANKSGING diner and from leftover for the week to coming. TurkEy is the centre piece of the meal, and it is usually bakED or roastEd. (corn on the cob, BUTTERNUT squash, candIed yams, green beAn casserole, cranberrY sauce, and pumPkin pie are SOME of the most traditional PLate OF food. )
- at television, U.S. president "pardons" a turkey. This tradition startEd after Donald Reagan issuED aN official president pardon to a turkEy on 1987 and sent it to a pet zoo insteAd.
- to waTch or attend a THANKSGIVING parade;
to shop on black Friday, the day after THANKSGIVING when huge sale abounding EVERYWHERE and storeS stay opened late.

II) Terminez librement les phrases suivantes en répondant aux obligations grammaticales.

1. Since he arrived in this town, he has been working.
2. For the last ten days of our holidays we went to the beach.
3. I have been working on this site since I have seen all these exercises to do.
4. I left England 5 years ago . Since then, I haven't seen my friends.
5. For several months, you have been working on your project.

I wish everyone a nice day

Réponse : Rack your brains/10 and help de joe39, postée le 24-11-2017 à 13:32:45 (S | E)
Dear here4u,
I have the pleasure to post you my try, ready to be corrected,
adding something little known related to Thanksgiving Day.

« my THANKSGIVING in THE USA » :
In THE AMERICAN public, the first THANKSGIVING DAY has OCCURED in 1621 when the PLYMOUTH Pilgrims community joined a FEAST with local AMERICAN INDIANS to celebrate THE first harvest THAT COLONISTS have REAPED on AMERICAN soil. Nowadays, THANKSGIVING MEANS :
- PROVIDING free THANKSGIVING DINNERS for the NEEDY served by VOLUNTEERS to the POOR and give charitable contributions in general.
- FEASTING HAVING A GREAT THANKSGIVING DINNER and SAVE THE LEFTOVERS for the week to COME. TURKEY is the MAIN COURSE of the meal, and it is usually BAKED or ROASTED. Corn on the cob/ corn cob, BUTTERNUT squash, CANDIED yams, green bean casserole, CRANBERRY sauce, and PUMPKIN pie are SOME of the most traditional DISHES CONSUMED.
A turkey IS PARDONED BY U.S. President, ON LIVE television., . This tradition STARTED after ronald Reagan ISSUED AN official PRESIDENTIAL pardon to a TURKEY on 1987, WHICH, INSTEAD OF BEING KILLED, WAS SENT to a pet zoo.**
-WATCHING or ATTENDING a parade; GOING SHOPPING on black FRIDAY, the day after THANKSGIVING, when huge SALES ARE TAKING PLACE EVERYWHERE and STORES ARE STAYING OPEN late.

Sorry to deny your student, but the first US President, reported to have “pardoned” a turkey was Abraham Lincoln in 1863, though without any official ceremony.
His son Tad had fed the bird, called Jack, as a pet, and followed him everywhere.
A few days before Thanksgiving, the boy burst into his father’s conference room in the midst of a Cabinet meeting, imploring him to spare Jack’s life.
Lincoln took out a card and wrote an order of reprieve that was shown by the boy to the “executioner”, saving the turkey from being killed.

1. Since he arrived in this town, in January 2016, he hasn’t had any fix job...................
2. For the last ten days you have disappeared, leaving your parents in great apprehension, s ............................
3. I have been working on this site since April 20, 2009..........
4. I left England 5 years ago....... . Since then, I have worked as a freelance for a worldwide forwarding and transport enterprise....................
5. For several months, you have been volunteering in the civil defence, helping the population hit by the last earthquake. ...................................

Hoping the Force enabled me to do a decent work,
I remain, dear mentor, thanking you a lot and,
wishing you a nice weekend.
So long.
Joe39

-------------------
Modifié par joe39 le 28-11-2017 17:50

-------------------
Modifié par joe39 le 29-11-2017 18:43

Réponse : Rack your brains/10 and help de icare29, postée le 24-11-2017 à 17:45:56 (S | E)
.Hello Here4u
and all hardworkers here is my work OK FOR CORRECTION.

I) Student in Danger! SOS, student in need? The following text has mistakes to be corrected...
« My thanksgiving IN USA » :
In the American PUBLIC MIND, the first THANKSGIVING day OCCURED on 1621 when the plymouth pilgrims community joined a FEAST with NATIVE AMERICAN INDIANS to celebrate first harvest THAT COLONISTS HAD REAPED on AMERICAN soil. Nowadays, THANKSGIVING MEANS :
- to provide free THANKSGIVING DINNER for the NEEDIES served by VOLUNTEERS to the POORS and give charitable CONTRIBUTION in general.
- to FEAST with large THANKSGIVING DINNER and from LEFTOVERS for THE WEEK TO COME . TURKEY is the CENTREPIECE of the meal, and it is usually BAKED or ROASTED. (corn on the cob, BUTTERNUT squash, candyed yams, green BEAN CASSEROLED, cranberries sauce, and PUMPKIN pie are SOME of the most traditional PLATE OF food. )
- ON television, US president " pardon" a turkey. This tradition STARTED after Donald Reagan ISSUED AN official president pardon to a turkey IN 1987 and iNSTEAD TO BE KILLED sent it to a pet zoo .
- to WATCH or attend a THANKSGIVING parade; to GO SHOPPING on black friday, the day after THANKSGIVING when huge SALES HAVE ABOUNDED EVERYWHERE and STORES HAVE STAYED OPEN late.

II)
1. Since he arrived in this town, the rain hasn't stopped ....................
2. For the last ten days ..I have been living in a charming house.........................
3. I have been working on this site since the beginning of the year ..........
4. I left England 5 years ..ago...... . Since then, I .have been working abroad ...................
5. For several months, you ..have been stuying English with a very good teacher .................................

Thank you for your new interesting test

Réponse : Rack your brains/10 and help de maxwell, postée le 26-11-2017 à 15:49:38 (S | E)
FINISHED

Hello Here4U
The second exercise was really easy to do, but still, I had fun with it too .

I)
« MY THANKSGIVING IN THE USA » :
In THE public MIND, the first THANKSGIVING day OCCURED on 1621 when the plymouth PILGRIM community joined a FEAST with local indians to celebrate THE first harvest THAT THE COLONISTS have REAPED on [A]merican soil. Nowadays, THANKSGIVING MEANS :
- to provide free THANKSGIVING DINNER for the NEEDY served by VOLUNTEERS to the POOR and give charitable contributions in general.
- to FEAST with A large THANKSGIVING DINNER and from LEFTOVERS for the week to COME. TURKEY is the CENTRAL piece of the meal, and it is usually BAKED or ROASTED. (corn on the cob, BUTTERNUT squash, CANDIED yams, green BEAN casserole, CRANBERRY sauce, and PUMPKIN pie are SOME of the most traditional FOOD EATEN. )
- ON television, THE U.S. [P]resident “pardons” a turkey. This tradition STARTED after Donald Reagan ISSUED AN official PRESIDENTIAL pardon to a TURKEY on 1987 and sent it to a pet zoo INSTEAD.
- to wach or attend a THANKSGIVING parade; to shop on A black friday, the day after THANKSGIVING when huge SALES ABOUND EVERYWHERE and STORES stay OPEN late.

II)
1. Since he arrived in this town, his car has been damaged, stolen or set on fire five times.
2. For the last ten days, searches have been conducted meticulously to find the missing girl.
3. I have been working on this site since you asked me to this morning.
4. I left England 5 years ago . Since then, I've been missing my dear native country so much!
5. For several months, you've been saving money for your big summer vacation, and now your boss wants you to work relentlessly all summer long : it's unfair, it's so unfair!

Réponse : Rack your brains/10 and help de here4u, postée le 26-11-2017 à 17:56:11 (S | E)
Hello You All, Hello Maxwell ...

I guarantee you are one of the few to find N° 2 easy ...
I'll be without the Internet for a few days... In the meantime, work well, and contribute to Our Story (RESPECTING THE RULES!)

Réponse : Rack your brains/10 and help de here4u, postée le 28-11-2017 à 22:28:16 (S | E)
Hello!

Back on my computer... Normally, you should all have received the corrections of this exercise. If not, please, protest...

Réponse : Rack your brains/10 and help de here4u, postée le 30-11-2017 à 05:38:55 (S | E)
Réponse : Ex120/ steady... go on! de here4u, postée le 29-11-2017 à 22:40:54 (S | E)
Hello, Dear Friends!
Cette correction a été « accidentellement » postée sur le mauvais fil ... La voici où elle doit être ... Désolée ...

Voici votre correction ! Merci pour votre travail, à tous, et vos recherches qui furent très fructueuses.

I) Help my poor Student...
« My Thanksgiving(1) in the(2) USA »

In the public mind (3), the first Thanksgiving Day occurred (4) in (5) 1621 when the Plymouth Pilgrim community (6) joined in a feast with local Indians (Native Americans) (7) to celebrate the first harvest that the colonists had reaped (8) on American soil. Nowadays, Thanksgiving means:
- Providing (9) free Thanksgiving dinners(10) for the needy (11), and giving charitable contributions in general. Volunteers serve Thanksgiving dinners to the poor.(11)
- Feasting (9) on large Thanksgiving dinners and on leftovers for the week to come/ for the coming week. Turkey is the centerpiece of the meal, and it is usually baked or roasted: (corn on the cob, butternut squash, candied yams, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, and pumpkin pie are some of the most traditionally eaten foods)
- on television, the U.S. President “pardons” a turkey. This tradition started after Ronald Reagan (12) issued an official presidential pardon to a turkey in 1987 and sent it to a petting zoo instead.
- Watching (9) or attending (9) a Thanksgiving parade; Shopping (9) on Black Friday(13), the day after Thanksgiving, when huge sales(14) abound (c’est du présent d’habitude) everywhere and stores stay (idem) open late.

(1) Thanksgiving = avec une majuscule et en un seul mot.
(2) les EU = THE USA (tendance à oublier l’article aux EU)
(3) ne pas confondre « spirit » Lien internet
et « mind »: Lien internet

(4) attention à l’orthographe.
(5) très déçue de toutes les fautes ici ! IN DEVANT LES MOIS.
(6) Plymouth Pilgrim community: Majuscules à "Plymouth Pilgrim... " qui est ici employé en nom composé en fonction d’adjectif=> invariable.
(7) Indians = majuscule ; Native Americans = la forme politiquement correcte maintenant.
(8) antériorité de la récolte par rapport à la fête de la célébration. => past perfect.
(9) ATTENTION ! TOUTES LES ACTIONS ENUMEREES devaient être au gérondif et non à l’infinitif. C’est à chaque fois « l’action de "fournir", "festoyer", "regarder", "assister à", "faire les magasins". »
(10) « dinners » = 2 n en anglais et au pluriel, parce qu’ils en servent beaucoup.
(11) « the needy » = les nécessiteux ; « the poor » = les pauvres = adjectifs substantivés. Ils ne s’accordent pas.
(12) Chocolat, Joe ont raison pour le Président différent … quoique … la toute première CEREMONIE aurait été décidée par RONALD (et non Donald … c’est ce qui m’avait amusée … on s’amuse comme on peut ! ) Reagan.
Lien internet
(13) Black Friday = ne pas oublier les majuscules … Beaucoup de bruit, même en France pour le Black Friday … et même « Black Friday week » …
(14) « sales » = des soldes ;

II) Terminez librement les phrases suivantes en répondant aux obligations grammaticales :

1. Since he arrived in this town, he + present perfect
Since he arrived in this town, he has made a lot of new friends.

2. For the last ten days + present perfect
For the last ten days, he has been working on his presentation.

3. I have been working on this site since + date(= the easy solution)/ + prétérit.
I have been working on this site since I felt the need for extra exercises.

4.I left England 5 years AGO. Since then, I + present perfect
I left England 5 years AGO. Since then, I have been teaching in France.

5. For several months, you + present perfect
For several months, you have denied the truth. It’s time to confess, now!

Bravo pour vos belles prestations ! et encore désolée pour ceux qui ont attendu cette correction ici!

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours d'anglais | Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours et exercices d'espagnol 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. / Partager sur les réseaux