Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Aide/exercices courts

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Aide/exercices courts
Message de vaiana posté le 16-12-2018 à 01:43:06 (S | E | F)
Hello,
could you help me to correct these little exercises please? I'm not in a hurry for a correction, so no panic!!

1) Thème grammatical :
En ce joyeux matin de Noël, le petit Jérôme, jeune garnement âgé de sept ans depuis quelques semaines seulement, était impatient de descendre au salon pour voir ce que lui avait apporté le Père Noël. Huit heures venaient de sonner à l'église du village. Certes, il avait une très forte envie de se précipiter dans la chambre de son frère Stéphane, qui comme à l'accoutumée devait encore dormir à poings fermés, pour aller le réveiller ; après tout, n'était-il pas l'heure de se lever ? Les jours de fête, ce n'était pas fait pour rester au lit, n'est-ce pas ? Cependant, Jérôme, en repensant à la promesse qu'il avait faite la veille à ses parents, se ravisa. Il laisserait tout le monde dormir jusqu'à 10 heures, avant de descendre l'escalier à toute allure pour aller contempler les cadeaux que le Père Noël avait dû déposer au pied de l'arbre de Noël décoré de boules, rubans et guirlandes multicolores.

On this joyful morning of Christmas, little Jerome, young imp who has been 7 years old since only a few weeks, was looking forward to going down in the living room to see what Santa Claus had brought him. 8 o'clock had just struck on the village church. Of course, he was restless about rushing in his brother Stephane's room, who was sleeping strongly as usual, to wake him up; after all, wasn't it time to wake up? Days of celebration were not made for staying in bed, were they? Yet, Jerome reconsidered, thinking about the promise he had made to his parents. He would let everyone sleeping until 10 o'clock, before going down the stairs at full speed to gaze at the gifts Santa Claus had dropped him at the foot of the Christmas tree, decorated with bulbs, rubans and multicoloured tinsels.

2) Prétérit ou present perfect. Mettez le verbe à la forme qui convient.
"Sylvester Robbins ! What a surprise ! I have not seen you since we left school. Where you were all this time? " "Well, I went to graduate school in the U.S. and have lived there for six years. Then I got a job in Australia where I met my wife, Samantha. I have brought her over here to meet my family. Only my sister came to our wedding."

3) Mettez le verbe à la forme qui convient : présent ou prétérit, forme simple ou BE + ING.
-"How much that table costs now ? Furniture prices are rising so fast these days that the price tag changes every week."
-"George got up at 5 o'clock every day this week to prepare for his exams". "I don't believe it ! He always sleeps late. Last year, we took an early morning course together, and whenever I went by his room to pick him up, he just got out of bed." "Oh, stop it ! You are always making unpleasant remarks about people. You know George is a serious student."

4) Reformulez, en remplaçant les termes soulignés par un auxiliaire modal.
- Perhaps she did not mean what she said : She may have not mean what she said.
- I don't believe he said such a thing : He can't have said such a thing...
- I forbid you to smoke inside the house : You must not smoke inside the house!
- There is some chance of her going abroad next term : She will certainly go abroad next term.
- I advise you to be more polite with your elders : You ought to be more polite with your elders!
- Be careful; the sea is sometimes very rough in that area : You must be careful since the sea is sometimes very rough in that area!

5) Opérateurs TO ou ING ? Mettez le verbe à la forme qui convient, en ajoutant une préposition lorsque cela est nécessaire.
- I advise you to wait before deciding to accept the job . They are apt to offer you more money.
- I wish you would stop insisting with jumping up every time your son wants something. Once he is used to be waiting on, you will end up to be his slave.
- We suggested to stay in a hotel, but the children were anxious to camp out. They love roughing it.
- He intends to study anthropology; he seems to be keen on reading all he can on the subject.
- Please don't forget to remind your brother to finish cleaning the staircase before the guests arrive.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 16-12-2018 10:00

Réponse : Aide/exercices courts de gerondif, postée le 17-12-2018 à 14:44:11 (S | E)
Bonjour

1) Thème grammatical :
En ce joyeux matin de Noël, le petit Jérôme, jeune garnement âgé de sept ans depuis quelques semaines seulement, était impatient de descendre au salon pour voir ce que lui avait apporté le Père Noël. Huit heures venaient de sonner à l'église du village. Certes, il avait une très forte envie de se précipiter dans la chambre de son frère Stéphane, qui comme à l'accoutumée devait encore dormir à poings fermés, pour aller le réveiller ; après tout, n'était-il pas l'heure de se lever ? Les jours de fête, ce n'était pas fait pour rester au lit, n'est-ce pas ? Cependant, Jérôme, en repensant à la promesse qu'il avait faite la veille à ses parents, se ravisa. Il laisserait tout le monde dormir jusqu'à 10 heures, avant de descendre l'escalier à toute allure pour aller contempler les cadeaux que le Père Noël avait dû déposer au pied de l'arbre de Noël décoré de boules, rubans et guirlandes multicolores.

On this joyful morning of Christmas,(nom composé) little Jerome, young imp who has been (plus que parfait) 7 years old since(durée) only a few weeks, was looking forward to going down in the living room to see what Santa Claus had brought him. 8 o'clock had just struck on the village church. Of course, he was restless about rushing in his brother Stephane's room, who was sleeping strongly (who was sound asleep) as usual, to wake him up; after all, wasn't it time to wake up? Days of celebration were not made for staying in bed, were they? Yet, Jerome reconsidered, thinking about the promise he had made to his parents. He would let everyone sleeping (base verbale) until 10 o'clock, before going down the stairs at full speed to gaze at (le regard de gaze me parait trop vague) the gifts Santa Claus had dropped(ça casse si on les lâche de haut prenez lay, verbe irrégulier) him at the foot of the Christmas tree, decorated with bulbs, rubans and multicoloured tinsels.

2) Prétérit ou present perfect. Mettez le verbe à la forme qui convient.
"Sylvester Robbins ! What a surprise ! I have not seen you since we left school. Where you were all this time? " "Well, I went to graduate school in the U.S. and have lived there for (signifie pendant ici, pas depuis) six years. Then I got a job in Australia where I met my wife, Samantha. I have brought her (ou le prétérit mais ça dépend du point de vue du narrateur) over here to meet my family. Only my sister came to our wedding."

3) Mettez le verbe à la forme qui convient : présent ou prétérit, forme simple ou BE + ING.
-"How much DOES that table costs now ? Furniture prices are rising so fast these days that the price tag changes every week."
-"George got up at 5 o'clock every day this week to prepare for his exams". "I don't believe it ! He always sleeps late. Last year, we took an early morning course together, and whenever I went by his room to pick him up, he just got out of bed." "Oh, stop it ! You are always making unpleasant remarks about people. You know George is a serious student."

4) Reformulez, en remplaçant les termes soulignés par un auxiliaire modal.
- Perhaps she did not mean what she said : She may have not mean (ordre des mots et participe passé de mean)what she said.
- I don't believe he said such a thing : He can't have said such a thing...
- I forbid you to smoke inside the house : You must not smoke inside the house!
- There is some chance(eventualité pas certitude may) of her going abroad next term : She will certainly go abroad next term.
- I advise you to be more polite with your elders : You ought to be (you should be est plus courant) more polite with your elders!
- Be careful; the sea is sometimes(une chance sur deux, may, une chance sur quatre, might) very rough in that area : You must be careful since the sea is sometimes very rough in that area!

5) Opérateurs TO ou ING ? Mettez le verbe à la forme qui convient, en ajoutant une préposition lorsque cela est nécessaire.
- I advise you to wait before deciding to accept the job . They are apt to offer you more money.
- I wish you would stop insisting with jumping up every time your son wants something. Once he is used to be waiting on, you will end up to be his slave.
- We suggested to stay in a hotel, but the children were anxious to camp out. They love roughing it.(they love to rough it est un choix intellectuel, they love roughing it est un amour né d'une pratique existante répétée)
- He intends to study anthropology; he seems to be keen on reading all he can on the subject.
- Please don't forget to remind your brother to finish cleaning the staircase before the guests arrive.

Réponse : Aide/exercices courts de vaiana, postée le 19-12-2018 à 20:57:33 (S | E)
Hello! Thank you very much!

On this joyful Christmas morning, little Jerome, young imp who had been 7 years old for only a few weeks, was looking forward to going down in the living room to see what Santa Claus had brought him. 8 o'clock had just struck on the village church. Of course, he was restless about rushing in his brother Stephane's room, who was sound asleep as usual, to wake him up; after all, wasn't it time to wake up? Days of celebration were not made for staying in bed, were they? Yet, Jerome reconsidered, thinking about the promise he had made to his parents. He would let everyone sleep until 10 o'clock, before going down the stairs at full speed to contemplate the gifts Santa Claus had laid him at the foot of the Christmas tree, decorated with bulbs, rubans and multicoloured tinsels.

"Well, I went to graduate school in the U.S. and lived there for six years."

"How much does that table cost now ?"
She may not have meant what she said.
She may go abroad next term.
You must be careful since the sea may be very rough in that area!

Being/Staying

Réponse : Aide/exercices courts de gerondif, postée le 19-12-2018 à 22:49:25 (S | E)
Bonjour
was looking forward to going down to/into the living room
to contemplate the gifts Santa Claus had laid (for him mais n'est pas dans le texte français) at the foot of the Christmas tree

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours d'anglais | Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours et exercices d'espagnol 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. / Partager sur les réseaux