Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Ex 141/let me catch my breath, please

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Message de here4u posté le 30-09-2018 à 13:57:11 (S | E | F)
Hello,

I)Translate into English:
1. Oh là là ! Tu as bien trop de cheveux … et ils ont besoin d’être coupés … Il est temps que tu ailles chez le coiffeur ! Quant à bébé Tom, c’est la première fois qu’il se les fera couper !
2. Les moments où elle me reconnaît deviennent de moins en moins nombreux et je ne veux pas en manquer un ...
3. Maxwell : Après le forfait de sa rivale, elle a pris une sérieuse option sur la victoire et file tout droit vers un huitième titre d'affilée, un record qui la placerait devant Slutskaya.
4. Maxwell : Il y eut un coup à la porte. En deux temps trois mouvements, elle rassembla ses affaires et se glissa hors de la chambre. Selon toute probabilité, on l'avait écoutée et localisée.
Merci Maxwell !

II)Translate into French:
Surely, she hadn’t been running up bills to buy lottery tickets. His mind darted here and there suspiciously. There was something secretive in Grace, and he’d thought she told him everything. He’d taken it for granted, only, of course, in the ordinary run there was nothing to tell. He constantly relaxed the knot in his mind. After all, Grace had won the five thousand pounds. He remembered charitably that she had always been a good wife to him. As he thought that he had a vision of the patch on his shirt, his newly washed cream trousers laid out for tennis, the children’s neatness, the tidy house. That was being a good wife. And he had been a good husband, always brought his money home and never looked at another woman.
Marjorie Barnard, The Lottery

III) PLAYING and WORKING WITH WORDS: Using THE 8 WORDS given below (the 2 verbs can be put in whatever tenses or forms you fancy but MUST remain verbs!), 2 adjectives, 2 nouns and 2 link words, (you CANNOT change the nature of the words!) and the suitable punctuation, search your minds, think hard and create AN ONLY meaningful SENTENCE.
You CANNOT use two or more compulsory words consecutively! PLEASE, WHEN YOU WRITE YOUR SENTENCE, PUT CAPITALS TO THESE WORDS!

Je vous rappelle qu'« une phrase », une seule, se termine par un point [final, d'exclamation ou d'interrogation], peut avoir de la ponctuation interne ",/; /:/ [...], et qu'elle doit avant tout avoir un sens.
Le but ultime est de faire une seule phrase complexe, courte (moins de 50 mots, si possible ...), mais je le répète, qui ait un sens et sa logique interne !) Cet exercice est TRES difficile, , c'est pourquoi il demande beaucoup de réflexion et d'attention, de rigueur aussi dans l'application des règles. Vous ne pouvez le poster QU'UNE FOIS (ne faire qu'un seul exemplaire).
La date limite pour cet exercice est Le samedi 14 octobre 2018 tard.
( Beaucoup de règles, j'en suis désolée ... mais déjà comme ça, c'est énormément de travail, et sans un effort de chacun, c'est ingérable.) Je sais que plusieurs d'entre vous sont très attachés à cet exercice-jeu, qu'ils trouvent formateur and "mind-puzzling". Je vous rappelle cependant que vous n'êtes pas obligés de le faire ! FREEDOM! Voici les éléments imposés cette fois :

-(to) WATCH - (to) LAUNCH – an INCREASE – a RECORD – THOUGHTFUL – REWARDING – BESIDES - UPWARD - + un COMPARATIF DE SUPERIORITE
Of course, I give you THE FORCE... while you give me your BEST!
Go for it !

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 30-09-2018 21:53

Réponse : Ex 141/let me catch my breath, please de chocolatcitron, postée le 03-10-2018 à 17:00:29 (S | E)
Ex 141/me catch my breath
Message de here4u posté le 30-09-2018 à 13:57:11 (S | E | F)

Hello my dear Here4u and Maxwell ! Many thanks for playing with us, hard working on these forum is a really pleasure, which make us improve our English: you 're great !
Hi Eveybody!
FINISHED.

Here is my work: hum, comme dans la poudreuse, vierge encore de toute trace : je me lance, et tant pis pour mes chutes éventuelles, elles feront progresser tout le monde !
I ) Translate into English: FINISHED.
1) Oh là là ! Tu as bien trop de cheveux… et ils ont besoin d’être coupés… Il est temps que tu ailles chez le coiffeur ! Quant à bébé Tom, c’est la première fois qu’il se les fera couper!
Oh dear ! You have got so much hair... and it needs to be cut... it is time you went to the hairdresser's ! As for the baby Tom, it will be the first time he has his hair cut

2) Les moments où elle me reconnaît deviennent de moins en moins nombreux et je ne veux pas en manquer un …
When she can recognise me at times they are less and less usual, and I don't want to miss only one of them !

3) Maxwell : Après le forfait de sa rivale, elle a pris une sérieuse option sur la victoire et file tout droit vers un huitième titre d'affilée, un record qui la placerait devant Slutskaya.
After her competitor's withdrawal she had taken a serious option having a crushing victory, and going straight away to her eighth title at a stretch, a record which would place her before Slutskaya.

4) Maxwell : Il y eut un coup à la porte. En deux temps trois mouvements, elle rassembla ses affaires et se glissa hors de la chambre. Selon toute probabilité, on l'avait écoutée et localisée.
Merci Maxwell !
There had been a knock at the door. In a jiffy, she gathered her things, and slipped out of the bedroom. In all likelihood, she had her phone tapped and pinpointed. (écoutée dans le sens mise sur écoute)

II)Translate into French: FINISHED.
Surely, she hadn’t been running up bills to buy lottery tickets. His mind darted here and there suspiciously. There was something secretive in Grace, and he’d thought she told him everything. He’d taken it for granted, only, of course, in the ordinary run there was nothing to tell. He constantly relaxed the knot in his mind. After all, Grace had won the five thousand pounds. He remembered charitably that she had always been a good wife to him. As he thought that he had a vision of the patch on his shirt, his newly washed cream trousers laid out for tennis, the children’s neatness, the tidy house. That was being a good wife. And he had been a good husband, always brought his money home and never looked at another woman.

My translation:
Sûrement qu'elle n'avait pas accumulé les billets pour acheter des tickets de loterie. Son esprit scrutait les cachettes possibles ici et là de manière suspecte. Il y avait quelque chose de mystérieux chez Grace, et il avait imaginé qu'elle lui disait tout. Il l'aurait accepté comme un remerciement, seulement, bien évidemment, dans le quotidien, il n'y avait rien à dire. Constamment, il relâchait la pression de son esprit. Après tout, Grace avait gagné cinq mille livres. Avec bonté, il se rappela qu'elle avait toujours été une bonne épouse pour lui. Comme il y pensait à la vue d'une pièce sur sa chemise, de son pantalon crème nouvellement lavé plié pour le tennis, de l'aspect soigné des enfants, de la maison bien tenue (propre et rangée). Cela en faisait une bonne épouse. Et il avait été un bon mari, ramenant l'argent à la maison, et n'ayant jamais regardé une autre femme.
Marjorie Barnard. La Loterie.

IIII) PLAYING and WORKING WITH WORDS: Using THE 8 WORDS given below (the 2 verbs can be put in whatever tenses or forms you fancy but MUST remain verbs!), 2 adjectives, 2 nouns and 2 link words, (you CANNOT change the nature of the words!) and the suitable punctuation, search your minds, think hard and create AN ONLY meaningful SENTENCE. FINISHED.

Le but ultime est de faire une seule phrase complexe, courte : moins de 50 mots, si possible .
FREEDOM! Voici les éléments imposés cette fois :

-(to WATCH - (to) LAUNCH – An INCREASE – a RECORD– THOUGHTFUL– REWARDING – BESIDES - UPWARD - + un COMPARATIF DE SUPERIORITE
Of course, I give you THE FORCE... while you give me your BEST!
Here is my very long sentence, I 'd been working for four days on ! Sorry, I know it's too long but I wish it will be a meaningful one…

We all think BESIDES some people, that it is REWARDING and all powerful to LAUNCH ourselves in the dash to AN INCREASE in temptations for beautiful houses, powerful cars, massive destructions for our own desires and our ways of life ;it makes me thing, as I am THOUGHFUL for life, I would set the RECORD about it, if we want to onward and UPWARD otherwise we are heading for disaster, WATCH how you do shopping : it would be MORE INTELLIGENT being respectful with Nature THAN plundering it like that ! 89 words.

Nous pensons tous hormis quelques uns, que c'est gratifiant et tout puissant de nous lancer dans la course folle vers une augmentation des tentations, belles maisons, voitures puissantes, destructions massives pour nos propres désirs,et nos façons de vivre, ça me laisse pensive, attentionnée pour la vie, je remettrais les pendules à l'heure, si nous voulons continuer à aller de l'avant sinon nous irons droit dans le mur ; faites attention à la manière dont vous consommez, ce serait beaucoup plus intelligent de respecter la nature plutôt que de la piller ainsi !

Here4u, many thanks, I give the force back to you for marking and sending our forum.
Have a very sweet but also a great week each of you!
See you soon.

Réponse : Ex 141/let me catch my breath, please de alpiem, postée le 03-10-2018 à 17:25:54 (S | E)
Hello Here4u and Maxwell__________________FINISHED NOW

1. Oh là là ! Tu as bien trop de cheveux … et ils ont besoin d’être coupés … Il est temps que tu ailles chez le coiffeur ! Quant à bébé Tom, c’est la première fois qu’il se les fera couper !
Oh,my gosh! Your hair is way too much thick-and it needs being cut-It's about time you went to the
hair-dresser! When it comes to baby Tom, It's the first time he will have his hair cut.

2. Les moments où elle me reconnaît deviennent de moins en moins nombreux et je ne veux pas en manquer...
The instances she is acknowledging me become few and far between and I don't want to miss them out altogether..

3. Maxwell : Après le forfait de sa rivale, elle a pris une sérieuse option sur la victoire et file tout droit vers un huitième titre d'affilée, un record qui la placerait devant Slutskaya.
After she had her rival forfeited she took out an option on the victory and she is making a beeline to her eighth title in a row-a record-breaking that would put her ahead of Slutskaya.

4. Maxwell : Il y eut un coup à la porte. En deux temps trois mouvements, elle rassembla ses affaires et se glissa hors de la chambre. Selon toute probabilité, on l'avait écoutée et localisée !
There was a blow to the door. In no time, she gathered her things and sidled out of the bed room.She had
most likely been listened to and pinpointed.

Sans doute n'avait-elle pas engagé de dépenses pour acheter des tickets de lotterie. Son esprit allait rapidement ça et là avec suspiscion.Il y avait quelquechose d'énigmatique chez Grace, et il avait pensé qu'elle lui disait tout. Il avait pris çela comme argent comptant,mais d'ordinaire il n'y avait rien à dire.
Il essayait constamment de défaire ce noeud dans son esprit. Après tout, Grace avait gagné les cinq mille livres. Il se rapella généreusement qu'elle avait toujours été une bonne épouse pour lui. Il pensa à la pièce qu'il avait aperçue sur sa chemise, à son pantalon crème nouvellement lavé, pendu,pour le tennis,les enfants impeccables, la maison bien tenue. ç'était ça être une bonne épouse. Et lui,il avait été un bon mari,avait toujours rapporté ses sous à la maison, et n'avait jamais regardé une autre femme.

Réponse : Ex 141/let me catch my breath, please de here4u, postée le 03-10-2018 à 17:48:54 (S | E)
Hello, Choco !
Je ne pense vraiment pas que tes éventuelles erreurs vont profiter aux autres ... parce que je suis maintenant (et en réalité depuis toujours) convaincue que tes "camarades de galère" (Allez, ramez, les "petits" ... ) ça fait les muscles ..., ni personne ne s'amuse, j'espère, à lire les productions des copains avant d'avoir posté la sienne ou au moins de l'avoir terminée.
Pas envie de trop souvent le redire, mais de nos jours, il existe des logiciels qui vous font résoudre les problèmes d'ordre des lettres, des mots, etc, ou vous font même des traductions "automatiques" - nulles, mais bon ...- et tout ceci en quelques secondes. Quel intérêt ?
Si vous les utilisez, vous ne trompez que vous mêmes et en plus, vous ne progresserez pas, ou pas autant que si vous aviez "joué le jeu" et cherché, noté, fait une faute - ou pas - et retenu ...
Alors, courage ! (Don't forget you have the FORCE!)

Réponse : Ex 141/let me catch my breath, please de taiji43, postée le 03-10-2018 à 18:12:55 (S | E)
Hello Dear Here4U
I wish you all the best for your ordeals and once again many thanks for the corrections
READY TO BE CORRECTED

Surely, she hadn’t been running up bills to buy lottery tickets. His mind darted here and there suspiciously. There was something secretive in Grace, and he’d thought she told him everything.
He’d taken it for granted, only, of course; in the ordinary run there was nothing to tell. He constantly relaxed the knot in his mind. After all, Grace had won the five thousand pounds. He remembered charitably that she had always been a good wife to him. As he thought that he had a vision of the patch on his shirt, his newly washed cream trousers laid out for tennis, the children’s neatness, the tidy house. That was being a good wife. And he had been a good husband, always brought his money home and never looked at another woman.

Assurément, elle n’avait pas géré le contrôle des factures afin d’acheter les tickets de la loterie
Son esprit examinait tout rapidement par-ci et par-là .avec méfiance. Il y avait quelque chose de cachottier en Grace, et il avait pensé qu’elle lui disait absolument tout.
il avait considéré comme allant de soi, seulement, bien sûr,dans le fonctionnement habituel il n’y avait rien à redire Il relâchait constamment dans son esprit le noeud obsessionnel Après tout, Grace avait gagné cinq mille pounds. Il se remémorait avec indulgence qu’elle avait toujours été une bonne épouse envers lui. Et il pensait qu’il avait encore cette vision de la reprise sur sa chemise,son pantalon de couleur crème récemment lavé, posé là pour le tennis , la bonne tenue des enfants, la maison rangée. C’était vraiment une bonne épouse. Et il était un bon mari, il rapportait toujours l’argent à la maison et jamais il ne regardait une autre femme

Dear Here4U , Hello How are you today …
At last, here are my propositions for these four sentences
: I have rethought , and rethought …However the result is not guaranteed without mistake
Thank you for your correction
Thank you to Maxwell

READY TO BE CORRECTED
1. Oh là là ! Tu as bien trop de cheveux … et ils ont besoin d’être coupés … Il est temps que tu ailles chez le coiffeur ! Quant à bébé Tom, c’est la première fois qu’il se les fera couper
Oh my goodness! your hair is too much abundant … and it needs being cut … It's time, you went to the hairdresser! As for baby Tom, it is the first time that he will have them cut

2. Les moments où elle me reconnaît deviennent de moins en moins nombreux et je ne veux pas en manquer...
The moments when she is able to recognize me become less and less numerous and I don’t want to miss one of them

Maxwell : Après le forfait de sa rivale, elle a pris une sérieuse option sur la victoire et file tout droit vers un huitième titre d'affilée, un record qui la placerait devant Slutskaya.
After her rival forfeited the contest, she had taken out a serious option on the win and is darting t right on an eighth title in a row/at a stretch, a record which would put her ahead of Slutskaya

! 4. Maxwell : Il y eut un coup à la porte. En deux temps trois mouvements, elle rassembla ses affaires et se glissa hors de la chambre. Selon toute probabilité, on l'avait écoutée et localisée.
There was a knock at the door. In a jiffy, she gathered up her belongings and slipped into the room. In all likelihood, it had been listened to and localized (we suppose , her phone is being tapped)

Playing and working with words :READY TO BE CORRECTED
Observe le, il est tout en haut du podium, pensif sur sa victoire , une gratifiante médaille en or autour du cou, il a pulvérisé le record de son adversaire : il a réellement lancé le javelot dix mètres plus loin que lui et en plus , malgré sa nouvelle popularité et son ascension sociale il a su rester simple

WATCH him, he is at the podium top , THOUGHTFUL on his win , a REWARDING Gold Medal hung around his neck : he has smashed up his rival’s RECORD : he really LAUNCHED the javelin ten meters further than him and BESIDES, despite his INCREASE popularity and his UPWORD social he hasn’t let it go his head (Taiji 54)

Réponse : Ex 141/let me catch my breath, please de magie8, postée le 04-10-2018 à 18:39:39 (S | E)
hello everybody c est un plaisir de vous retrouver tous

I)Translate into English:ready to correct
Oh !there You have too much hair...and they need to be cut...It is time for you to go to the hairdresser!As for baby Tom,this is the first time he will have his cut!

2. Les moments où elle me reconnaît deviennent de moins en moins nombreux et je ne veux pas en manquer un ...
The moments when she recognises me become less and less numerous and I do not want to miss one

After the withdrawal of her competitor ,she took a serious option on the win and now she goes straight to an eighth title successive , a record that would place her in front of Slutskaya

4. Maxwell : Il y eut un coup à la porte. En deux temps trois mouvements, elle rassembla ses affaires et se glissa hors de la chambre. Selon toute probabilité, on l'avait écoutée et localisée.
There was a knock at the door.In a hurry, she gathered up her belongings and slipped out of the room.In all likelihood,it had been listened to and located .

Merci Maxwell and here4u!

II)Translate into French: ready to correct
Surely, she hadn’t been running up bills to buy lottery tickets. His mind darted here and there suspiciously. There was something secretive in Grace, and he’d thought she told him everything.
He’d taken it for granted, only, of course; in the ordinary run there was nothing to tell. He constantly relaxed the knot in his mind. After all, Grace had won the five thousand pounds. He remembered charitably that she had always been a good wife to him. As he thought that he had a vision of the patch on his shirt, his newly washed cream trousers laid out for tennis, the children’s neatness, the tidy house. That was being a good wife. And he had been a good husband, always brought his money home and never looked at another woman.

Surement , elle ne faisait pas flamber les factures*(1) pour acheter des billets de loterie.Ses pensées se précipitaient ici et là suspicieusement.Il y avait quelque chose de secret dans la nature de Grace et il avait pensé qu'elle lui disait tout.Il le considérait comme allant de soi, seulement bien sûr, dans le fonctionnement ordinaire , il n'y avait rien à raconter. Il assouplissait constamment le noeud dans son esprit.Après tout Grace avait gagné les cinq mille livres. Il se rappelait charitablement qu'elle avait toujours été une bonne épouse pour lui.Comme il y pensait , il eu la vision de la pièce sur sa chemise*(2), son pantalon crème fraîchement lavé prêt pour le tennis,la propreté des enfants, la maison bien rangée.C'était une bonne épouse. Et il avait été un bon mari , toujours rapporté son argent à la maison et jamais regardé une autre femme.

*1)the run-up in prices =la flambée des prix,aussi j ai traduit" flamber les factures" les grossir , les augmenter , faire des fausses factures.
*2)une pièce qu' elle avait certainement cousu pour réparer une usure.

Réponse : Ex 141/let me catch my breath, please de icare29, postée le 06-10-2018 à 10:52:16 (S | E)
Hello Here4u and all hardworkers , here is mmy work, OK FOR CORRECTION .

Traduire en Anglais
1. Oh là là ! Tu as bien trop de cheveux? et ils ont besoin d'être coupés? Il est temps que tu ailles chez le coiffeur ! Quant à bébé Tom, c'est la première fois qu'il se les fera couper! .
Oh my God ! your have too much hair and you need to have your hair cut . It's time for you to go to the hairdresser! As for baby Tom, it's the first time he has made his hair cut .

2. Les moments où elle me reconnaît deviennent de moins en moins nombreux et je ne veux pas en manquer un ....
The moments when she recognizes me become less and less numerous and I do not want to miss one ...

3. Maxwell : Après le forfait de sa rivale, elle a pris une sérieuse option sur la victoire et file tout droit vers un huitième titre d'affilée, un record qui la placerait devant Slutskaya..
After the withdrawing of her contestant, she has taken a serious option on the winning and has gone straight ahead for an eighth title in a row ,a record that would place her ahead of Slutskaya.

4. Maxwell : Il y eut un coup à la porte. En deux temps trois mouvements, elle rassembla ses affaires et se glissa hors de la chambre. Selon toute probabilité, on l'avait écoutée et localisée. .
There was a knock at the door., she quickly gathered her things and slinked out of the room. In all likelihood , she had been heard and located.

Surely, she hadn't been running up bills to buy lottery tickets. His mind darted here and there suspiciously. There was something secretive in Grace, and he'd thought she told him everything. He'd taken it for granted, only, of course, in the ordinary run there was nothing to tell. He constantly relaxed the knot in his mind. After all, Grace had won the five thousand pounds. He remembered charitably that she had always been a good wife to him. As he thought that he had a vision of the patch on his shirt, his newly washed cream trousers laid out for tennis, the children's neatness, the tidy house. That was being a good wife. And he had been a good husband, always brought his money home and never looked at another woman.

Grace n'aurait pas pu , impunément, gonfler les factures pour acheter les billets de loterie...
Bien qu'il pensait que Grace lui avait tout dit à propos du billet gagnant ,sa pensée s'agitait dans tous les sens et il examinait toutes les possibilités avec une certaine méfiance . Après tout, il y avait quelque chose de bien mystérieux dans l'attitude de Grace , et il avait pris ses confidences comme acquises ...
Naturellement , dans la vie de tous les jours , il n'y avait rien de particulier à dire; cependant, il s'efforçait régulièrement d'atténuer la tension toujours présente dans son esprit .....
Mais ,après tout, Grace avait obtenu les cinq milles livres avec son billet gagnant.....
Il se rappelait avec bienveillance qu'elle avait toujours été une bonne épouse pour lui .Ainsi il revoyait dans ses pensées la tache sur sa chemise , son pantalon couleur crème récemment lavé étendu pour le tennis , les enfants en tenue soignée, la maison toujours propre. Elle était ce qu'on appelle une bonne épouse et il avait été un bon mari , ramenant toujours son salaire à la maison et n'ayant jamais regardé d'autres femmes que la sienne ......

PLAYING WITH WORDS

-(to WATCH - (to) LAUNCH ? An INCREASE ? a RECORD? THOUGHTFUL? REWARDING ? BESIDES - UPWARD - un COMPARATIF DE SUPERIORITE .

today the company organises THE MOST GRANDIOSE CEREMONY of the year : a space rocket are going TO BE LAUNCHED from Kourou 's base , an hundred of technicians ARE WATCHING the launching ; no doubt this REWARDING event will be registered in the RECORD book ,and should be a notable INCREASE of the company's notoriaty ,all the staff is happy, BESIDES , the Prime Minister is eager to pull the company UPWARD . 60 words.

Aujourd'hui la compagnie organise sa plus grandiose cérémonie de l'année ; une fusée qpaciale va être lancée à partir de la base de Kourou , une centaine de techniciens regardent le lancement , nul doute que ce gratifiant événement sera enregistré dans le livre des records et devrait assurer une notable augmentation de la notoriété de la compagnie , tout le personnel est heureux , en outre le Premier Ministre est désireux de pousser en avant la compagnie.

Dear Here4u thank you very much for your excellent exercise

Réponse : Ex 141/let me catch my breath, please de tereda, postée le 07-10-2018 à 11:11:41 (S | E)
hello everyone,
hello dear HERE4U,
this is my ex 141, ready to be corrected.

Oh my god ! you have too much of hair.... and it needs to be cut ... It's time for you to go to the hairdresser ! and regarding Baby Tom, it will be the first time he has his ones cut !

The moments when she recognizes me are becoming fewer and fewer, and I don't want to miss just one...

3. Maxwell : Après le forfait de sa rivale, elle a pris une sérieuse option sur la victoire et file tout droit vers un huitième titre d'affilée, un record qui la placerait devant Slutskaya .
After her rival's forfeit, she has taken a serious option on winning and she is heading straight for an eighth straight title, a record that allows her overtaking Slutskaya.

Someone was hitting at the door.... In no time at all, she gathered her things, and slipped out of the bedroom. In all likelihood , she had been listened to and located.

Elle ne s'était certainement pas endettée pour pouvoir jouer à la loterie !
Son esprit partait dans tous les sens, de plus en plus soupçonneux. Il y avait quelque chose de secret chez Grace, alors qu'il pensait qu'elle lui disait tout. Il avait considéré ça pour acquis, bien sûr, mais dans la vie courante où il n'y avait rien de particulier à dire....
Il tâchait de calmer son esprit ; après tout, Grace avait gagné 5000 livres. Il se souvenait "charitablement" qu'elle avait toujours été une bonne épouse pour lui.
En même temps qu'il y pensait, il revoyait la tâche sur sa chemise, son pantalon crème fraîchement lavé pour le tennis, la propreté des enfants, la maison bien rangée.
C'était bien "être une bonne épouse". Et il avait été un bon mari, ramenait toujours son argent à la maison et ne regardait jamais une autre femme.

III) PLAYING and WORKING WITH WORDS

-(to) WATCH - (to) LAUNCH – an INCREASE – a RECORD – THOUGHTFUL – REWARDING – BESIDES - UPWARD - + un COMPARATIF DE SUPERIORITE

Lorsque votre famille vous regarde, comme il est gratifiant de voir le jury, attentif, réfléchi, vous gratifier d'une augmentation de la note pour votre saut en hauteur, en plus d'avoir lancé le poids plus haut qu'auparavant, vous pensez avoir gagné un nouveau record, bien sûr !

When your family is WATCHING you, how REWARDING it is to see the jury THOUGHTFUL , granting an INCREASE to the note for your high jump, BESIDES you have LAUNCH the weight UPWARD higher than before, you think you have won a new RECORD ! sure ! 44

I thank you a lot for your correction.
Have a good Sunday,

Réponse : Ex 141/let me catch my breath, please de here4u, postée le 09-10-2018 à 18:35:05 (S | E)
Hello !

Encore beaucoup, beaucoup de temps pour poster ce "difficile" exercice, mais je vais tout de même commencer à transférer les corrections individuelles ... Pas le "rendement" habituel de mon côté. Continuez à bien travailler ! Go for it!

Réponse : Ex 141/let me catch my breath, please de joe39, postée le 10-10-2018 à 14:15:18 (S | E)
Good afternoon, dear here4u
Please find hereunder my try,
Ready to be corrected.

Oh dear! Your hair are too long and have to be cut …It’s high time for you to go to the hairdresser! As for baby Tom, this is the first time he will have them cut!
The moments when she recognizes me become less and less frequent and I do not want to miss anyone…
3. Maxwell : Après le forfait de sa rivale, elle a pris une sérieuse option sur la victoire et file tout droit vers un huitième titre d'affilée, un record qui la placerait devant Slutskaya
After the giving up of her rival, she gained a serious option on the win, going straight towards the eighth consecutive title, a record that would put her ahead of Slutskaya.
There was a knock on the door. In no time she gathered her things and slipped away
of the room. In all likelihood she had been tapped and located.

Elle n’avait sûrement pas accumulé l’argent pour acheter des billets de loterie. Son esprit errait ici et là suspicieusement. Grace avait quelque chose de secret et il avait pensé qu’elle lui avait dit tout. Il l’avait pris, bien sûre, comme acquis, qu’il n’y avait rien à raconter. Il détendait constamment son esprit de cette pensée. Après tout, Grace avait gagné les cinq mille livres sterling. Il se souvint équitablement qu’elle avait toujours été une bonne épouse pour lui. Comme qu’il pensa d’avoir vu une tache sur sa chemise, son pantalon crème fraichement lavé aménagé pour le tennis, la propreté des enfants, la maison rangée. Elle se conduisait comme une bonne épouse. Et il avait été un bonne mari, ramenant toujours son argent à la maison, et n’ayant jamais regardé une autre femme.

III) PLAYING and WORKING WITH WORDS:
(to) WATCH - (to) LAUNCH – an INCREASE – a RECORD – THOUGHTFUL – REWARDING – BESIDES - UPWARD - + un COMPARATIF DE SUPERIORITE

A THOUGHTFUL WTO's RECORD, focused on the next UPWARD movement of commodity market, MORE SUBSTANTIAL THAN THE LAST ONE, will compel us also TO WATCH over an INCREASE of the CIF prices , BESIDES planning TO LAUNCH a weighted up new program of bulk purchase, in order a REWARDING margin of gain for the company can be secured. 51

Many thanks for the demanding exercise.
I hope you have a very pleasant day.
So long.
Joe39

Réponse : Ex 141/let me catch my breath, please de swan85, postée le 11-10-2018 à 14:05:29 (S | E)
Hello Here4u and Maxwell.

Thank you for these exercises.

I)Translate into English: Ready for correction
1. Oh my dear ! You have too much hair……..also, they need to be cut….it’s time to go to the hairdresser ! As to baby Tom, this is the first time he will have them cut !

2. The moments where she recognize me are becoming less and less numerous and I don’t want to miss one of them….

3. After her adversary’s withdrawal, she has a serious chance on the victory and to obtain the eighth consecutive title, a record that would place here before Slutskaya.

4. There was a knock on the door. In a flash, she gathered her things and slipped out of the bedroom. In all probability, she had been spied and confined.

Thank you Maxwell !

II)Translate into French: Ready for correction
He’d taken it for granted, only, of course, in the ordinary run there was nothing to tell. He constantly relaxed the knot in his mind. After all, Grace had won the five thousand pounds.He remembered charitably that she had always been a good wife to him.
As he thought that he had a vision of the patch on his shirt, his newly washed cream trousers laid out for tennis, the children’s neatness, the tidy house.
That was being a good wife. And he had been a good husband, always brought his money home and never looked at another woman.

Elle ne s’était certainement pas précipitée pour acheter des billets de loterie. Il jetait des coups d’œil suspects ici et là.
Grace était secrète et il pensait qu’elle aurait dû tout lui dire. C’était un fait acquis, en temps normal il n’y avait rien à dire. Il essayait régulièrement de ne pas y penser. Après tout, Grace avait gagné les cinq mille livres. Il se rappela charitablement qu’elle avait toujours été une bonne épouse pour lui. Il repensait alors, qu’il avait vu une nouvelle pièce de tissu cousue sur sa chemise, son pantalon de tennis couleur crème, récemment lavé et rangé, les enfants toujours habillés avec soin et la propreté de la maison.
C’était une bonne épouse. Et il avait été un bon mari, avait toujours rapporté l’argent à la maison et n’avait jamais regardé une autre femme.

Réponse : Ex 141/let me catch my breath, please de maxwell, postée le 12-10-2018 à 07:26:07 (S | E)
FINISHED
Hello Here4U
Playing with words was SO easy this time: I couldn't think of any other topic than this one, and all the words came naturally. A piece of cake! Thanks for all the exercises !!

1. Oh là là ! Tu as bien trop de cheveux ? et ils ont besoin d'être coupés ? Il est temps que tu ailles chez le coiffeur ! Quant à bébé Tom, c'est la première fois qu'il se les fera couper !
Oh dear! You have much too much hair... and it needs cutting... It's time you went to the hairdresser! As for baby Tom, he'll get his first haircut !

The times when she recognizes me are growing fewer and fewer and I don't want to miss out on one...

3. Après le forfait de sa rivale, elle a pris une sérieuse option sur la victoire et file tout droit vers un huitième titre d'affilée, un record qui la placerait devant Slutskaya.
After her rival's withdrawal, she has really taken out an option on victory and she's heading right for her eighth consecutive title, a record which would put her ahead of Slutskaya.

4. Il y eut un coup à la porte. En deux temps trois mouvements, elle rassembla ses affaires et se glissa hors de la chambre. Selon toute probabilité, on l'avait écoutée et localisée.
There was a knock at the door. In double-quick time, she gathered up her belongings and slipped out of the room. In all likelihood, she had been spied on and located.

Surely, she hadn't been running up bills to buy lottery tickets. His mind darted here and there suspiciously. There was something secretive in Grace, and he'd thought she told him everything. He'd taken it for granted, only, of course, in the ordinary run there was nothing to tell. He constantly relaxed the knot in his mind. After all, Grace had won the five thousand pounds. He remembered charitably that she had always been a good wife to him. As he thought that he had a vision of the patch on his shirt, his newly washed cream trousers laid out for tennis, the children's neatness, the tidy house. That was being a good wife. And he had been a good husband, always brought his money home and never looked at another woman.

C'est sûr qu'elle n'avait pas accumulé des billets de banque pour acheter des billets de loterie. Son esprit tout en méfiance fusa en tous sens. Il y avait quelque chose de mystérieux en Grace et il avait cru qu'elle lui disait tout. Il avait considéré que cela allait de soi, seulement, bien sûr, en temps normal, il n'y avait rien à raconter. Il relâchait constamment la tension dans sa tête. Après tout, Grace avait gagné les cinq mille livres. Il se souvint charitablement qu'elle avait toujours été une bonne épouse pour lui. Car il se rappelait qu'il avait une vision du raccommodage de sa chemise, son pantalon crème fraîchement lavé, arrangé pour le tennis, l'allure soignée des enfants, la maison bien rangée. Ca c'était quand même une bonne épouse. Et il avait été un bon mari, avait toujours rapporté l'argent à la maison et n'avait jamais posé les yeux sur une autre femme.

III) Playing with words:
After a THOUGHTFUL decision, the company finally decided to LAUNCH this innovative product for WATCHING movies, and sales moved UPWARD instantly ; BESIDES, the INCREASE was GREATER THAN expected, setting a new RECORD: a REWARDING success! (35)
Après une décision mûrement réfléchie, l'entreprise décida finalement de lancer ce produit innovant servant à regarder des films, et les ventes se sont accrues instantanément ; de plus, cette hausse fut plus forte que prévu, battant un nouveau record : un succès gratifiant !

Réponse : Ex 141/let me catch my breath, please de here4u, postée le 13-10-2018 à 09:34:36 (S | E)
Hello, Dears!

Toutes les corrections et remarques ont été postées. Si vous n'avez pas reçu la vôtre, merci de protester rapidement en mp.
A très vite pour la correction collective et les commentaires.

Edit: Je viens de me rendre compte que je n'ai pas donné la date de correction du 141 (en entier). C'est dimanche 14 octobre tard, (et le 13 pour le III)

Réponse : Ex 141/let me catch my breath, please de here4u, postée le 14-10-2018 à 22:29:14 (S | E)
Hello Dear Friends,

"Riche" de mon expérience de ce midi ... et anxieuse de ne pas renouveler la performance, je vais anticiper cette parution de la correction "tant que je ne l'ai pas encore détruite" ...
Une résolution : je ne ferai plus le "ménage" des différentes versions de mes travaux avant de les avoir postés ... J'avais pourtant l'impression d'avoir paré à toute éventualité ... Heureusement que j'avais encore la version et le III sur ma tablette ... Bref, un peu trop d'émotions pour moi, encore, aujourd'hui ...

Oh dear! You have way too much hair! It needs cutting! It’s time you went to the hairdresser’s. As for baby Tom it’s the first time he will have his cut.

- Trop de cheveux = too much hair ; beaucoup trop de cheveux = « much » too much hair, qui est maladroit => « way too much hair ». Bien retenir (c’est élémentaire …. ) que hair= chevelure et reste AU SINGULIER. « Ils ont besoin …= IT needs ;
- « your hair/ the lawn needs cutting= forme idiomatique à apprendre et à retenir.
- « Il est temps que tu ailles » = it’s time you went(= un irréel, tu n’y es pas allé pour le moment).
- Chez le coiffeur = to the hairdresser’s. Chez le boucher = to the butcher’s ; to the baker’s = boulanger = dans la boutique de … est sous-entendu et exprimé par ce « ‘s » cas possessif .
- « quant à » = As for him/ for his part/ - Le Bébé Tom= Baby Tom.
- « C’est la première fois que je viens ici » = It’s the first time I’ve come here (it’s the first time + present perfect) ici, le futur convient aussi. (« the first time he’ll go there »
- « se faire couper les cheveux = to have one’s hair (= IT) cut/ to have the room painted= faire peindre la pièce. To have his cut. (= his hair cut).

Moments when she recognises me have become fewer and fewer and I don’t want to miss one of them.

- Reconnaître (au sens d’admettre = to acknowledge= to admit) pour une reconnaissance physique = to recognise/ ze.
- de moins en moins nombreux = de moins en moins => less and less+ indénombrable ; avec un dénombrable pluriel, utiliser « fewer and fewer » ... (On entend assez souvent « less and less » avec un dénombrable, mais c’est faux ! Ne pas imiter !)
- manquer (de) quelque chose = to miss something

After her rival’s/ opponent’s withdrawal, she has really taken out an option on the victory and she's heading right to her eighth title in a row, a record that would put her ahead of Slutskaya.

- être forfait= to withdraw from a competition. => a withdrawal.
- « et file tout droit » = forme en –ing nécessaire. = dashing towards/ heading to/ towards/ making a beeline for/
- d’affilée = on end/ in a row/ at a stretch/

There was a knock at/ on the door. In a flash, she gathered her things and slipped out of the room. Most certainly, she had been spied on and located.

- En deux temps trois mouvements = in no time at all/ in a jiffy/ in a flash/ in two shakes of a lamb’s tail/ double-quick time/
- Rassembler ses affaires= gather one’s things/
- Se glisser hors de = slip out / sneak out/
- in all probability/ in all likelihood/ most certainly/
- « ,on l’avait écoutée … » écouter » au sens d’épier = to spy on someone. ON : On l’avait localisée = utilisation du passif => she had been + participe passé. Ne pas oublier le rejet de la particule adverbiale (« to spy on someone= she had been spied on »)

Merci Maxwell !

C’est certain qu’elle n’avait pas gonflé les factures (1) pour acheter des billets de loterie ! Son esprit fonçait dans tous les sens avec méfiance. Il y avait quelque chose de mystérieux en Grace, et il avait cru (2) qu’elle lui disait tout. Il avait considéré que cela allait de soi (3), seulement, bien sûr, d’ordinaire, il n’y avait rien à dire. Il relâchait constamment la tension de son esprit (4). Après tout, Grace avait bien gagné ces (5) cinq mille livres. Il se souvint avec générosité qu’elle avait toujours été une bonne épouse pour lui. Comme il pensait à cela, (6) il aperçut la pièce cousue sur sa chemise, son pantalon crème, fraîchement lavé, posé là (7), pour le tennis, l’aspect soigné des enfants, la maison en ordre. Voilà ce que c’était que d’être (8) une bonne épouse. Et lui avait été un bon mari, il avait toujours rapporté son salaire (9) à la maison, et n’avait jamais regardé une autre femme.

(1) To run up bills : gonfler une facture/ tricher sur le montant d’une facture/ accumuler une ardoise/ augmenter une facture/ mais pas « faire des fausses factures ».
(2) Beaucoup d’entre vous n’ont pas tenu compte du past perfect. (de narration ici)TOUJOURS FAIRE ATTENTION AUX TEMPS.
(3) To take something/ someone for granted = considérer que ce qui est fait (ou est) est normal/ considérer comme acquis/ sous-estimer quelqu’un/ ne pas reconnaître la valeur de/ ne pas apprécier à sa juste valeur/
(4) Dans l’esprit de Ted, tout était confus. Il y avait comme un nœud qui l’enserrait et l’empêchait de penser sereinement. Ici, il essayait de se rassurer et s’efforçait de « dénouer » ce nœud, de le déserrer … de relâcher une tension trop forte, se relaxer.
(5) Grace a gagné £5,000, mais pas n’importe lesquelles … « the » pounds = « those » pounds dont il a été question tout au long du passage. C’était explicite en anglais, et j’ai tenu à l’éclaircir encore plus pour vous.
(6) Voici le passage qui a fait le plus de dégâts … « As he thought that he had a vision… » Il fallait ici lire le texte avec soin, et bien attribuer aux mots leur véritable nature. Vous avez, en grande majorité, pensé que « that » était un pronom relatif et traduit : « Alors qu’il pensait avoir la vision de » MAIS, « that » n’était pas un pronom relatif (il ne pouvait pas être remplacé par « who » ou « which »). C’était un pronom démonstratif. = Comme il pensait à cela (que Grace était une bonne épouse), …. Il ne pouvait que reconnaître cette évidence, visible tout autour de lui.
(7) « laid out »= préparé, posé, étalé, mais pas rangé, ni plié. Elle est très à son service et lui prépare ses vêtements propres pour qu’il aille au tennis … vraiment « aux petits soins ». (She’s pampering him! )
(8) « That was being a good wife » : traduire « c’était être une bonne épouse » est trop faible.
(9) « brought his money home » : il fallait expliciter, montrer que vous aviez compris. « His money » traduit par « son argent » était trop faible. Ce n’était « son » argent que (mais c’est énorme …) parce qu’il l’avait gagné par son travail. => son salaire.
Pas facile, donc, cette version … un texte tout en nuances difficiles à repérer par la langue seulement, mais faisable (C’était un 3è extrait …) parce que l’on commençait à comprendre, à « connaître » le personnage.

III) PLAYING and WORKING WITH WORDS!

Attention ! Une tendance (qui se développe de plus en plus …) pour certains à faire cette phrase trop longue. Désormais, nous nous limiterons à 60-65 mots !

- BESIDES some people, we think that it is REWARDING and powerful to LAUNCH ourselves in the dash to an INCREASE of temptations for beautiful houses, powerful cars, massive destructions of our own desires and our ways of life; it makes me think, as I am THOUGHFUL for life, I would set the RECORD about it,( ?) if we want to go UPWARD otherwise we are heading for disaster ; WATCH how you do YOUR shopping : it would be MORE INTELLIGENT TO BE respectful towards Nature RATHER THAN ( ?) plunder it like that ! 89. Not clear …. and much too long.

- WATCH him, he is on the top step of the podium, THOUGHTFUL about his victory, a REWARDING Gold Medal hanging around his neck : he has crushed his rival’s RECORD : he really ( LAUNCHED pas de chance … they « throw » the javelin ! )the javelin ten meters farther than him and BESIDES, despite his INCREASEd popularity and his UPWARD social position, he hasn’t become big-headed. (54).

- Today the company is organising THE MOST GRANDIOSE CEREMONY of the year : a space rocket is going TO BE LAUNCHED from Kourou 's base , an hundred technicians ARE WATCHING the launch; no doubt this REWARDING event will be in the RECORD book, and should be a notable INCREASE of the company's notoriety. BESIDES, the Prime Minister is eager to lead the company UPWARD . (60) Soon, the rocket will rise upward…

- After a THOUGHTFUL decision, the company finally decided to LAUNCH this innovative product for WATCHING movies, and sales moved UPWARD instantly; BESIDES, the INCREASE was GREATER THAN expected, setting a new RECORD: a REWARDING success! (35) VERY WELL DONE!

- A THOUGHTFUL WTO's RECORD, focused on the next UPWARD movement of commodity market, MORE SUBSTANTIAL THAN THE LASTEST ONE, will compel us TO WATCH over an INCREASE of the CIF prices, BESIDES planning TO LAUNCH a weighted ?? up THE new program of bulk( ??) purchase, in order TO GIVE a REWARDING margin of gain so that the company can be secured. (60)

- When your family is WATCHING you, how REWARDING it is to see the THOUGHTFUL jury, granting an INCREASE to the note for your high jump, BESIDES you have LAUNCHed the weight UPWARD higher than before, you think you have won a new RECORD ! Sure ! (44)

Congratulations to All of You, hardworkers… You gave me a very good work, indeed ! and

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours d'anglais | Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours et exercices d'espagnol 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. / Partager sur les réseaux