Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Rack your brains and help!/62

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Message de here4u posté le 13-01-2020 à 22:30:20 (S | E | F)
Hello, Dear helpers…

PLEASE, HELP MY STUDENT... He needs you!
My student has chosen to read and write a lot about languages because he wishes he had learnt more of them. He has tried to explain to us what he's understood in his readings, - and he did understand quite well – though he left 16 mistakes in this passage. I’m sure you’ll be able to find them all and help him correct them, as a reward for his effort!
This text is a as ever, and the correction will be online on Tuesday, 28 January 2020.

This text contains 16 mistakes to be corrected (in capital letters, please!)

The number of teenagers learning foreign languages in the UK secondary schools has dropped by 45% since the turn of the millennium. Why learning a foreign language when English is spoken by hundreds of million people worldwide? some people wandered. Some native English speakers explain how to make the effort to learn a second language is important - and how it changed their lives.
-'It gave me confidence to interview foreigners' A young man said that in his job, he was "embarrassed not to know the language" and learning German has given him "so much confidence"."Even professionally, I didn't interview footballers for three years because I didn't have the confidence in my language but now I can go up to any player. It's totally changed my way of living. » ///END OF PART ONE.///
-'I gave my children the gift of a second language' The 44-year-old puts his successful career down to his language skills and the cultural awareness it brings."Speaking a language helps breaking the ice," he said. "Even if it's not perfect, it's a good introduction and brings people on-side when you're negotiating.
"My own two children are of course bilingual in French and English."Now they have a lot of international friends and they're discovering the world through two sets of eyes. The gift of a second language is the better thing I can give them."
Being introduced to languages at a young age is something that teachers believe strongly.
Among the benefits of learning a second language is the potential to "boost brain power", it was said.///END OF PART 2 ///
Studies have suggested that learning a second language can slowen brain ageing, and can lead to higher mental function in the brain. We have to think about what people need for their future."
"Learning two foreign languages also made wonders for my English. It gave me a new perspective about my own language and also gave me extra practice in identifying parts of speech, and later on, analysing literature."
For studying interpreting and translation, the woman has worked as in-house translator and assistant language teacher (for English) in Japan.
"I now work as a freelance medical and marketing translator," she said. "Most of my work - about 80% - is in German. »
"I love my job and I'll always be thankful for my language teachers at school who taught me how to learn."/// END of the TEXT///

Volunteers may, if they fancy it, tell us what, in their opinion, is the main idea of the text and comment on it in 120 words at most!

Of course, THE FORCE is with YOU!

------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 14-01-2020 12:23
Numéro 62, pas 72 ...

Réponse : Rack your brains and help!/62 de taiji43, postée le 15-01-2020 à 17:23:19 (S | E)
Dear Here4U here is my correction Thank you for this text and your correctionI

Ready to be corrected

Fautes de l'étudiants 62

The number of teenagers learning foreign languages in the UK secondary schools has dropped by 45% since the turn of the millennium.
Why LEARN( Learn sans to) a foreign language when English is spoken by hundreds of million people worldwide?

some people WONDERED (se demander), Some native English speakers explain how MAKING the effort to learn a second language is important( Oh combien faire l'effort est important)) - and how it changed their lives.

-'It gave me confidence to interview foreigners' A young man said that in his job, he was "embarrassed not to know the language" and learning German has given him "so much confidence"."Even professionally, I didn't interview footballers for three years because I didn't have the confidence in my language but now I can go up to any player. It's totally changed my way of living. »

-'I gave my children the gift of a second language' The 44-year-old puts his successful career down (to put his successful down to = mettre sur le compte de OK)°his language skills and the cultural awareness THEY bring
(sujet au pluriel donc they)

Speaking a language helps BREAK ( V sans to) et pas ing ) the ice," he said. "Even if it's not perfect, it's a good introduction and brings people on-side when you're negotiating.

"My own two children are of course bilingual in French and English."Now they have a lot of international friends and they're discovering the world through two sets of eyes. The gift of a second language is the BEST (superlatif) thing I can give them."

Being introduced to languages at a young age is something that teachers believe strongly.

Among the benefits of learning a second language is the potential to "boost brain power", it was said./

Studies have suggested that learning a second language can SLOW DOWN brain ageing, and can lead to higher mental FUNCTIONS in the brain. We have to think about what people need for their future."

"Learning two foreign languages also DID) (to do, did) wonders for my English. It gave me a new perspective ON my own language and also gave me extra practice in identifying parts of speech, and later on, analysing literature."

SINCE (depuis ) studying interpreting and translation, the woman has worked as AN in-house translator and AN assistant language teacher (for English) in Japan.

"I now work as a medical REPRESENTATIVE MEDICAL and A marketing translator IN FREELANCE ," she said. "Most of my work - about 80% - is in German. »
"I love my job and I'll always be thankful TO my language teachers ( to sombody for sth) at school who taught me how to learn."

trouvé 14 fautes

READY TO BE CORRECTED
learning a foreign language for English-speakers whose language is international is not useless but beneficial for them ; let's look at a few examples :
when they are abroad and want to apply for a job ; they must speak fluently, the National language
and Enen if they are simple tourists, we can asses that they will feel better consideration and empathy from the native people ,To be acurate,it is going to ease
contacts ,exchanges, ideas ;In fact they are going broad their minds ,
finally, learning a foreing language is an excellent method in order to maintain memory and brain in a good health (102 mots)

Réponse : Rack your brains and help!/62 de alpiem, postée le 16-01-2020 à 09:18:39 (S | E)
online on Tuesday, 28 January 2020. READY NOW

The number of teenagers learning foreign languages in the UK secondary schools has dropped by 45% since the turn of the millennium.

Why LEARN a foreign language when English is spoken by hundreds of millionS people
worldwide? some people wOndered.

Some native English speakers explain how MAKING the effort to learn a second language is important - and how it changed their lives.

-'It gave me confidence to interview foreigners'.A young man said that in his job, he was "embarrassed not KNOWING the language" and learning German has given him "so much confidence".

"Even professionally, I COULD't HAVE interviewED footballers for three years because I didn't have the confidence in my language but now I can go up to any player. It's totally changed my way of living. » ///END OF PART ONE.///

-'I gave my children the gift of a second language' The 44-year-old puts his successful career down to his language skills and the cultural awareness it brings.

"Speaking a language helps BREAK the ice," he said. "Even if it's not perfect, it's a good introduction and brings people on-side when you're negotiating.

"My own two children are of course bilingual in French and English."Now they have a lot of international
friends and they're discovering the world through two sets of eyes.

The gift of a second language is the BEST thing I can give them."
Among the benefits of learning a second language is the potential to "boost brain power", it was said.///END OF
PART 2 .///
Studies have suggested that learning a second language can SLOWER brain ageing, and can lead to higher mental function in the brain

. We have to think about what people need for their future."

"Learning two foreign languages also made wonders for my English. It gave me a new perspective about my own language and also gave me extra practice in identifying parts of speech, and later on, analysing literature.

For studying interpreting and translating, the woman has worked as in-house translator and assistant language teacher (for English) in Japan.

"I now work as a freelance medical and marketing translator," she said. "Most of my work - about 80% - is in German. »

"I love my job and I'll always be thankful for my language teachers at school who taught me how to learn."///

END of the TEXT///

-------------------
Modifié par alpiem le 30-01-2020 14:01

-------------------
Modifié par alpiem le 30-01-2020 14:08

Réponse : Rack your brains and help!/62 de magie8, postée le 16-01-2020 à 17:07:21 (S | E)
hello voici ma correction
Rack your brains and help!/62 READY TO BE CORRECTED

JE FERAI LA TRADUCTION DE LA 1ERE PARTIE

The number of teenagers learning foreign languages in the UK secondary schools has dropped by 45% since the turn of the millennium. Why LEARN a foreign language when English is spoken by hundreds of million people worldwide? some people WONDERED. Some native English speakers explain how to make the effort to learn a second language is important - and how it changed their LIFE.
-'It gave me confidence to interview foreigners' A young man said that in his job, he was "embarrassed TO NOT KNOW the language" and learning German has given him "so much confidence"."Even professionally, I didn't interview footballers for three years because I didn't have the confidence in my language but now I can go up to any player. It's totally changed my way of living. » ///END OF PART ONE.///
-'I gave my children the gift of a second language' The 44-year-old puts his successful career down to his language skills and the cultural awareness THEY BRING ."Speaking a language helps TO BREAK the ice," he said. "Even if it's not perfect, it's a good introduction and brings people on-side when you're negotiating.
"My own two children are of course bilingual in French and English."Now they have a lot of international friends and they're discovering the world through two sets of eyes. The gift of a second language is the BEST thing I can GIVE TO them."
Among the benefits of learning a second language is the potential to "boost brain power", it was said.///END OF PART 2 ///
Studies have suggested that learning a second language can SLOW brain ageing, and can lead to higher mental function in the brain. We have to think about what people need for their future."
"Learning two foreign languages also DID wonders for my English. It gave me a new perspective ON my own language and also gave me extra practice in identifying parts of speech, and later on, analysing literature."
SINCE studying interpreting and translation, the woman has worked as AN in-house translator and assistant language teacher (for English) in Japan.
"I love my job and I'll always be thankful TO my language teachers at school who taught me how to learn."/// END of the TEXT///

Volunteers may, if they fancy it, tell us what, in their opinion, is the main idea of the text and comment on it in 120 words at most

It is certain that the knowledge of several languages is becoming more and more essential to work , evolve,and communicate at the time of globalization, it is also good for brain, by making our brains worked we delay aging,the learning of language is also an intellectual enrichment through the study of other cultures and the discovery of different ways of thinking. To be well mastered the knowledge of a foreign language must be learned from a very young age practically at the same time as the mother's one. some 8 year old children understand 3 languages:mixte couple living in a third country. They answer in the language of their interlocutor. Moroccans and Mauritians are perfectly bilingual. (119 mots)

JE POURRAI ASSURER La traduction de la 1ère partie du texte :

Réponse : Rack your brains and help!/62 de maxwell, postée le 18-01-2020 à 09:03:45 (S | E)
READY TO BE CORRECTED

Too bad, I was expecting your "UK" to correct it into "the UK" So far, I've only found about 10 mistakes : that's a tough one! No matter how often I read it, I can no longer find mistakes. Sorry!
I) Help my student:

The number of teenagers learning foreign languages in the UK secondary schools has dropped by 45% since the turn of the millennium. Why LEARN a foreign language when English is spoken by hundreds of million people worldwide? some people WONDER. Some native English speakers explain how MAKING the effort to learn a second language is important - and how it changed their lives.
-'It gave me confidence to interview foreigners': A young man said that in his job, he was "embarrassed not to know the language" and learning German HAD given him "so much confidence"."Even professionally, I didn't interview footballers for three years because I didn't have the confidence in my language but now I can go up to any player. It's totally changed my way of living. » ///END OF PART ONE.///
-'I gave my children the gift of a second language': The 44-year-old puts his successful career down to his language skills and the cultural awareness it brings."Speaking a language helps BREAK the ice," he said. "Even if it's not perfect, it's a good introduction and brings people on-side when you're negotiating.
"My own two children are of course bilingual in French and English."Now they have a lot of international friends and they're discovering the world through two sets of eyes. The gift of a second language is the BEST thing I can give them."
Being introduced to languages at a young age is something that teachers believe strongly IN.
Among the benefits of learning a second language is the potential to "boost brain power", it HAS BEEN said.///END OF PART 2 ///
Studies have suggested that learning a second language can SLOW DOWN brain AGING, and can lead to higher mental function in the brain. We have to think about what people need for their future."
"Learning two foreign languages also made wonders for my English. It gave me a new perspective about my own language and also gave me extra practice in identifying parts of speech, and later on, analysing literature."
For studying interpreting and translation, the woman has worked as AN in-house translator and AN assistant language teacher (for English) in Japan.
"I love my job and I'll always be thankful TO my language teachers at school who taught me how to learn."/// END of the TEXT///

II) COMMENT :
Learning other languages may be essential for your work (if you deal with people or texts written in another language), but even if you don't seem to need it on a regular basis, it helps you analyse the words, make connections between your own words in your native language and the language you're learning, so it helps you memorize. It definitely makes your brain work.
In a nutshell, "I don't want to lose it, so I use it! (I'm talking about my brains of course)" (89 w)

Je prendrai la 2e partie du texte pour le follow-up work.

Réponse : Rack your brains and help!/62 de chocolatcitron, postée le 24-01-2020 à 16:16:59 (S | E)
Message de here4u posté le 13-01-2020 à 22:30:20 (S | E | F) 28 January 2020.
Hello, my dear Here4u, thanks !
Hi Everybody!

Finished !
I'll translate the third part of this text ! Nice, isn't it ?

Here is my work :
PLEASE, HELP MY STUDENT... He needs you!
My student has chosen to read and write a lot about languages because he wishes he had learnt more of them. He has tried to explain to us what he's understood in his readings, - and he did understand quite well – though he left 16 mistakes in this passage. I’m sure you’ll be able to find them all and help him correct them, as a reward for his effort!
This text contains 16 mistakes to be corrected:

The number of teenagers learning foreign languages in the UK secondary schools has dropped by 45% since the turn of the millennium. Why 1 LEARN a foreign language when English is spoken by hundreds of 2 MILLIONS people worldwide? some people 3 WONDERED. Some native English speakers explain 4 WHY make the effort to learn a second language is important - and how it changed their lives.
-'It gave me 5 THE confidence to interview foreigners' A young man said that in his job, he was "embarrassed not to know the language" and learning German has given him "so much confidence". "Even professionally, I didn't interview footballers for three years because I didn't have the confidence in my language but now I can go up to any player. It's totally changed my way of living. » ///END OF PART ONE.///
-'I gave my children the gift of a second language' The 44-year-old puts his successful career down to his language skills and the cultural awareness 6 THEY 7 BRING."Speaking a language helps 8 TO BREAK the ice," he said. "Even if it's not perfect, it's a good introduction and brings people 9 ONSIDE when you're negotiating.
"My own two children are of course bilingual in French and English."Now they have a lot of international friends and they're discovering the world through two sets of eyes. The gift of a second language is the 10 BEST thing I can give them."
Studies have suggested that learning a second language can 11 SLOW brain ageing, and can lead to higher mental function in the brain. We have to think about what people need for their future."
"Learning two foreign languages also 12 DID wonders for my English. It gave me a new perspective 13 ON my own language and also gave me extra practice in identifying parts of speech, and later on, analysing literature."
14 SINCE studying interpreting and translation, the woman has worked as 15 AN in-house translator and 15 bis AN assistant language teacher (for English) in Japan.
"I now work as a freelance medical and 16 A marketing translator," she said. "Most of my work - about 80% - is in German. »
"I love my job and I'll always be thankful for my language teachers at school who taught me how to learn."/// END of the TEXT///

Of course, THE FORCE is with YOU!

I send you the huge force back to you for marking… Here4u !
Have a very sweet week !
See you soon.

Réponse : Rack your brains and help!/62 de maya92, postée le 24-01-2020 à 16:24:36 (S | E)
Hello Here4u,

The number of teenagers learning foreign languages in the UK secondary schools has dropped by 45% since the turn of the millennium. Why LEARN a foreign language when English is spoken by hundreds of millionS OF people worldwide? some people WONDERED. Some native English speakers explain how IMPORTANT IT IS to make the effort to learn a second language and how it changed their life.
-'It gave me confidence to interview foreigners' A young man said that in his job, he was "embarrassed not to know the language" and learning German has given him "so much confidence"."Even professionally, I HADN'T interviewED footballers for three years because I HAD NO confidence in my language but now I can go up to any player. It's totally changed my way of living. » ///END OF PART ONE.///

-'I gave my children the gift of a second language' The 44-year-old PUT his successful career down to his language skills and the cultural awareness it brings."Speaking a language helps TO BREAK the ice," he said. "Even if it's not perfect, it's a good introduction and brings people on-side when you're negotiating.
"My own two children are of course bilingual in French and English."Now they have a lot of international friends and they're discovering the world through two sets of eyes. The gift of a second language is the BEST thing I can give them."
Being introduced to languages at a young age is something that teachers believe strongly IN.

Studies have suggested that learning a second language can SLOW DOWN brain ageing, and can lead to higher mental functionS in the brain. We have to think about what people need for their future."
"Learning two foreign languages also WORKED wonders for my English. It gave me a new perspective about my own language and also gave me extra practice TO identify parts of speech, and later on, TO ANALYSE literature."
For HAVING STUDIED interpreting and translation, the woman has worked as AN in-house translator and assistant language teacher (for English) in Japan.

Thank u but that one was tricky …

Réponse : Rack your brains and help!/62 de here4u, postée le 25-01-2020 à 12:00:32 (S | E)
Hello!

Les transferts ont commencé !
Il vous reste encore beaucoup de temps si vous voulez proposer votre correction !

Tout le travail de Follow-up sera assuré par les volontaires déclarés. Merci à eux! Si certains autres d'entre vous veulent "doubler", aucun problème pour moi ... Les deux versions seront analysées !

Réponse : Rack your brains and help!/62 de swan85, postée le 25-01-2020 à 15:58:28 (S | E)
Hello Here4U.

Hope I have found the right words. Ready to be corrected

Why LEARN a foreign language when English is spoken by hundreds of MILLIONS OF people worldwide? some people WONDERED.
Some native English speakers explain how to make the effort to learn a second language is important - and how it changed their LIFE.
-'It gave me confidence to interview foreigners' A young man said that in his job, he was "embarrassed not to know the language" and learning German has given him "so much confidence"."
Even professionally, I didn't interview footballers for three years because I didn't have the confidence in my language but now I can go up to any player.
It's totally changed my way of living. » ///END OF PART ONE.///
-'I gave TO my children the gift of a second language' The 44-year-old puts PUT his successful career down to his language skills and the cultural awareness it brings.
"Speaking a language helps TO BREAK the ice," he said. "Even if it's not perfect, it's a good introduction and brings people on-side when you're negotiating.
"My TWO own children are of course bilingual in French and English."Now they have a lot of international friends and they're discovering the world through two sets of eyes. The gift of a second language is the BEST thing I can give TO them."
Among the benefits of learning a second language is the potential to "boost brain power", it HAS BEEN said.///END OF PART 2 ///
Studies have suggested that learning a second language can SLOW brain ageing, and can lead to higher mental FUNCTIONS in the brain. We have to think about what people need for their future."
"Learning two foreign languages also DONE wonders for my English. It gave me a new perspective about my own language and also gave me extra practice in identifying parts of speech, and later on, analysing literature."
For interpreting and translation STUDIES, the woman has worked as AN in-house translator and assistant language teacher (for English) in Japan.

Réponse : Rack your brains and help!/62 de joe39, postée le 25-01-2020 à 18:37:31 (S | E)

Hello, dear here4u,

Hereunder is my try,
It’s ready to be evaluated,
And so I remain in standby,
Waiting for you correction.

The number of teenagers learning foreign languages in the UK secondary schools has dropped by 45% since the turn of the millennium. Why LEARN a foreign language when English is spoken by hundreds of MILLIONS OF people worldwide? some people WONDERED. Some native English speakers explain how MAKING the effort to learn a second language is important - and how it changed their LIFE.
-'It gave me confidence to interview foreigners' A young man said that in his job, he was "embarrassed not to know the language" and learning German has given him "so much confidence". "Even professionally, I didn't interview footballers for three years because I didn't have the confidence in my language but now I can go up to any player. It's totally changed my way of living. » ///END OF PART ONE.///
-'I gave my children the gift of a second language' The 44-year-old puts his successful career down to his language skills and the cultural awareness THEY BRING. "Speaking a language helps TO BREAK the ice," he said. "Even if it's not perfect, it's a good introduction and brings people on-side when you're negotiating.
"My own two children are of course bilingual in French and English."Now they have a lot of international friends and they're discovering the world through two sets of eyes. The gift of a second language is the BEST thing I can give TO them."
Among the benefits of learning a second language is the potential LIKELIHOOD to "boost brain power", it was said.///END OF PART 2 ///
Studies have suggested that learning a second language can SLOW DOWN brain ageing, and can lead to higher mental function in the brain. We have to think about what people need for their future."

"Learning two foreign languages also DID wonders for my English. It gave me a new perspective about my own language and also gave me extra practice in identifying parts of speech, and later on, analysing literature."
For studying interpreting and translation, the woman has worked as in-house translator and assistant language teacher (for English) in Japan.
"I now work as a freelance medical and A marketing translator," she said. "Most of my work - about 80% - is in German. »

Volunteers may, if they fancy it, tell us what, in their opinion, is the main idea of the text and comment on it in 120 words at most!

The main idea of the text is that of enlarge and improve the communication between people of different countries, by means of school teaching of foreign languages.
The article speaks about a teaching in the secondary schools but, in my opinion, such kind of "innovation" should be adopted starting from the elementary schools.
The reason why is that the brain of a child is (simply said) like a sponge and can "absorb" more notions even than an adolescent.
This affirmation is based upon my personal experience, for in May of 1945,
all children of my district aged 5 to 7 years were provisionally sent to frequent a nuns college, where we were successfully taught elementary notions of: English, French, Spanish.121

Bitter comment.
Alas, it lasted only four months, that is the time necessary to recover the schoolrooms damaged by the fighting in the city during the last days of the war and so, everything
related to the foreign languages we were taught , went lost. The name of the college was Notre Dame de Sion and it’s still working only privately and only female pupils and students are being admitted..

Thanking you a lot for the nice exercise, I remain wishing you a sweet Sunday.
So long.
Joe39

Réponse : Rack your brains and help!/62 de here4u, postée le 28-01-2020 à 22:03:48 (S | E)
Hello, dear Correctors!

Quelques grognements cette fois-ci ! "C'était difficile", m'avez-vous dit ... Comme je vous l'ai répondu, il n'était pas plus difficile que les précédents et vous allez vous rendre compte dans la correction que tout était à votre portée. (même si les fautes étaient un peu "cachées"! )
D'ailleurs, même en grognant, vous avez travaillé avec ardeur, et avez très bien réussi !

The number of teenagers learning foreign languages in UK secondary schools (1) has dropped by 45% since the turn of the millennium. Why learn (2)a foreign language when English is spoken by hundreds of millions of people (3) worldwide ? some people wondered(4). Some native English speakers explain how making(5) the effort to learn a second language is important - and how it changed their lives.
- "It gave me the confidence to (6) interview foreigners" A young man said that in his job, he was "embarrassed not to know the language" and learning German has given him "so much confidence"."Even professionally, I didn't interview footballers for three years because I didn't have the confidence in my language but now I can go up to any player. It's totally changed my way of living."/// END of PART 1 ///
-'I gave my children the gift of a second language' The 44-year-old puts his successful career down to his language skills and the cultural awareness they bring.(7) "Speaking a language helps to break (8) the ice," he said. "Even if it's not perfect, it's a good introduction and brings people on-side when you're negotiating.
"My own two children are of course bilingual in French and English."Now they have a lot of international friends and they're discovering the world through two sets of eyes. The gift of a second language is the best thing (9)I can give them."
Being introduced to languages at a young age is something that teachers believe strongly in.(10)
Among the benefits of learning a second language is the potential to "boost brain power", it was said.///END of PART 2///
Studies have suggested that learning a second language can slow(11) brain ageing, and can lead to higher mental function in the brain. We have to think about what people need for their future."
"Learning two foreign languages also did wonders (12) for my English. It gave me a new perspective on (13) my own language and also gave me extra practice in identifying parts of speech, and later on, analysing literature."
Since studying(14) interpreting and translation, the woman has worked as an in-house translator and an assistant (15) language teacher (for English) in Japan.
"I love my job and I'll always be thankful to (16) my language teachers at school who taught me how to learn."///END of the TEXT ///

(1) in UK secondary schools : Aïe, aïe, aïe … le vilain piège dans lequel vous êtes tous tombés … Bien sûr, on dit « the Netherlands », « the UK », « the USA » lorsqu’il s’agit du nom du pays (formé de plusieurs états). Cependant, ici, il s’agissait des collèges britanniques (UK était en position d’adjectif – ) vous pouvez remplacer UK par n’importe quel autre adjectif : British/ huge / experimental/ brand-new/ modern, etc. => pas d’article … Il s’agissait des collèges d’enseignement secondaire britanniques EN GÉNÉRAL. Sorry ! C’était subtil, mais en y réfléchissant un peu, à la portée de tous …
(2) Why learn…? => why + infinitif sans to => why learn a language? Why not learn a language?
(3) spoken by hundreds of millions of people = Là aussi, le « piège » était évident ; confortés par le premier « of », vous étiez rassurés, et … inattentifs pour la suite ! «Hundreds» et «millions» étaient bien des nombres imprécis (des noms et non pas des adjectifs numéraux) et qui s’accordent tous les deux et reliés entre eux par «of».
(4) «to wOnder»= se demander alors que «to wAnder»= errer sans but.
(5) … speakers explain how making the effort= comment « le fait de faire » un effort, tel effet, ou tel autre … Alors que «How to make an effort» = comment faire un effort (répond à une méthode)= comment fait-on pour faire un effort ? ...
(6) It gave me THE confidence to interview= non pas la confiance en général, mais celle, bien déterminée de faire un entretien … (beaucoup de fautes ici aussi … )
(7) they bring : les sujets sont au pluriel et rassemblés par ET, conjonction de coordination. => THEY.
(8) a language helps to break: encore une fois, un de mes favoris : to help DO something/ to help TO DO something, mais pas help + ing
(9) the best thing; il fallait ici utiliser un SUPERLATIF et non pas un comparatif (= comparaison entre deux choses).
(10) something that teachers believe strongly in. Il ne fallait pas oublier le rejet de la préposition après le verbe : something they believe in. TO BELIEVE IN SOMETHING
(11) can slow brain ageing, : slow ici suffisait comme verbe. Rajouter down (slow down) n’était pas faux mais insistait un peu plus sur le ralentissement …
(12) did wonders=> to DO wonders …
(13) to have a perspective ON something…
(14) J’avais volontairement inversé FOR (exprimant une durée) et SINCE (exprimant le point de départ d’une action).
(15) an in-house translator and an assistant : N’oubliez pas les articles indéfinis devant les occupations ou professions. Ici, les articles étaient placés devant des sons voyelles => AN.
(16) To be thankful TO someone/ to be grateful TO someone.

Certains points étaient un peu "piégeux"... Vous vous en êtres TRES BIEN SORTIS, bravo ...
Merci aussi aux trois volontaires pour la traduction dans le Follow-up Work. C'est agréable de se dire que le travail sera fait ... mais je vous rappelle que si certains autres "Correctors" ont envie de se lancer dans la traduction d'une partie, les doublons ne sont pas des problèmes pour moi ... Je corrigerai !

Bon courage pour les traductions .... et pour la série d'exercices suivante ! Le RYB63 vous attend ...

Réponse : Rack your brains and help!/62 de magie8, postée le 29-01-2020 à 10:52:36 (S | E)
hello voici ma traduction de la 1ère partie
The number of teenagers learning foreign languages in UK secondary schools (1) has dropped by 45% since the turn of the millennium. Why learn (2)a foreign language when English is spoken by hundreds of millions of people (3) worldwide ? some people wondered(4). Some native English speakers explain how making(5) the effort to learn a second language is important - and how it changed their lives.
- "It gave me the confidence to (6) interview foreigners" A young man said that in his job, he was "embarrassed not to know the language" and learning German has given him "so much confidence"."Even professionally, I didn't interview footballers for three years because I didn't have the confidence in my language but now I can go up to any player. It's totally changed my way of living."/// END of PART 1 //

Le nombre d'adolescents apprenant des langues étrangères dans les écoles secondaires britanniques a diminué de 45% depuis le début du millénaire.Pourquoi apprendre une langue étrangère alors que l'anglais est parlé par des centaines de millions de gens dans le monde? Certaines personnes se le demandent .Quelques anglophones de langue maternelle expliquent combien faire l'effort d'apprendre une deuxième langue est important et comment cela a changé leur vie."Cela m'a donné confiance pour interviewer des étrangers" Un jeune homme disait que dans son travail il était" gêné de ne pas savoir parler les langues "et qu'apprendre l'allemand lui avait donné tellement de confiance";"Même professionnellement,je n'ai pas interviewé de footballeurs pendant 3 ans par manque de confiance dans la langue, mais maintenant je peux aller voir n'importe quel joueur.Cela a totalement changé ma vie."

Réponse : Rack your brains and help!/62 de maxwell, postée le 29-01-2020 à 11:28:53 (S | E)
FINISHED
Hello!
Here's part II:

-'I gave my children the gift of a second language' The 44-year-old puts his successful career down to his language skills and the cultural awareness they bring. "Speaking a language helps to break the ice," he said. "Even if it's not perfect, it's a good introduction and brings people on-side when you're negotiating.
"My own two children are of course bilingual in French and English. "Now they have a lot of international friends and they're discovering the world through two sets of eyes. The gift of a second language is the best thing I can give them."
Being introduced to languages at a young age is something that teachers believe strongly in.
Among the benefits of learning a second language is the potential to "boost brain power", it was said.///END of PART 2///

'J'ai offert à mes enfants une seconde langue en cadeau'. A 44 ans, il met sa réussite professionnelle au service de ses compétences linguistiques et de la sensibilisation culturelle qu'elles procurent. "Parler une langue aide à briser la glace" dit-il. "Même si ce n'est pas parfait, c'est une bonne entrée en matière et ça met les gens à l'aise quand vous négociez."
"Mes deux propres enfants sont bien sûr bilingues français-anglais. Ils ont maintenant des amis internationaux et ils découvrent le monde à travers deux paires d'yeux. Le don d'une seconde langue est la meilleure chose que je puisse leur donner."
Etre initié aux langues dès le plus jeune âge est une chose à laquelle les enseignants croient fermement. Parmi les avantages de l'apprentissage d'une seconde langue, il y a la possibilité de renforcer l'intelligence" a-t-on dit.

Réponse : Rack your brains and help!/62 de chocolatcitron, postée le 29-01-2020 à 20:41:47 (S | E)
Hello my dear Here4u!
Hi Everybody!

FINISHED.
Here is the translation for the last part of this text:

Studies have suggested that learning a second language can slow(11) brain ageing, and can lead to higher mental function in the brain. We have to think about what people need for their future."
"Learning two foreign languages also did wonders (12) for my English. It gave me a new perspective on (13) my own language and also gave me extra practice in identifying parts of speech, and later on, analysing literature."
Since studying(14) interpreting and translation, the woman has worked as an in-house translator and an assistant (15) language teacher (for English) in Japan.
"I love my job and I'll always be thankful to (16) my language teachers at school who taught me how to learn."///END of the TEXT ///

Des études ont suggéré que l'apprentissage d'une seconde langue peut ralentir le vieillissement du cerveau, et peut amener le cerveau à une fonction mentale plus élevée. Nous devons réfléchir à ce dont les gens ont besoin pour leur avenir.
"Apprendre deux langues étrangères a également fait des merveilles pour mon anglais. Ça m'a donné une nouvelle perspective sur ma propre langue et m'a également donné une pratique supplémentaire en identifiant les différentes structures*1* de la parole, et plus tard, l'analyse de la littérature.
Depuis ses études, la femme a travaillé comme traductrice interne et assistante du professeur d'anglais *2* au Japon.
« Je travaille maintenant comme traductrice médicale et commerciale indépendante », a-t-elle dit. "La plupart de mon travail - environ 80% - se fait en allemand. »
J'aime mon travail et je serai toujours reconnaissante à mes professeurs de langues à l'école qui m'ont appris à apprendre.

*1* = les parties/parts de la parole : bof !
*2* = assistante du professeur de langue (pour l'anglais) = assistante du professeur d'anglais ?

Have a very sweet week, each of You!
See you soon.

Réponse : Rack your brains and help!/62 de here4u, postée le 01-02-2020 à 17:50:22 (S | E)
Hello, dear workers...

Voici votre Follow-up-Work. Vous avez été très vite (trop vite pour moi ... ) pour me rendre ce travail .... et il est cependant TRES BON !

The number of teenagers learning foreign languages in UK secondary schools (1) has dropped by 45% since the turn of the millennium. Why learn a foreign language when English is spoken by hundreds of millions of people worldwide ? some people wondered. Some native English speakers explain how making the effort to learn a second language is important - and how it changed their lives.
- "It gave me the confidence to interview foreigners"; A young man said that in his job, he was "embarrassed not to know the language" and learning German has given him "so much confidence"."Even professionally, I didn't interview footballers for three years because I didn't have the confidence in my language but now I can go up to any player. It's totally changed my way of living."/// END of PART 1 ///

Le nombre d'adolescents apprenant des langues étrangères dans les écoles secondaires britanniques a diminué de 45% depuis le début du millénaire. Pourquoi apprendre une langue étrangère alors que l'anglais est parlé par des centaines de millions de gens dans le monde entier ? Certaines personnes se le demandent . Quelques anglophones de langue maternelle expliquent combien faire l'effort d'apprendre une deuxième langue est important et comment cela a changé leur vie. "Cela m'a donné confiance pour interviewer des étrangers" ; un jeune homme disait que dans son travail il était "gêné de ne pas savoir parler la langue *" et qu'apprendre l'allemand lui avait donné tellement de confiance" ; " même professionnellement,je n'ai pas interviewé de footballeurs pendant 3 ans par manque de confiance dans la langue, mais maintenant je peux aller voir n'importe quel joueur. Cela a totalement changé ma vie." C'est PARFAIT, Magie ! BRAVO

* en l'occurence, l'allemand.

-'I gave my children the gift of a second language' The 44-year-old puts his successful career down to his language skills and the cultural awareness they bring. "Speaking a language helps to break the ice," he said. "Even if it's not perfect, it's a good introduction and brings people on-side when you're negotiating.
"My own two children are of course bilingual in French and English."Now they have a lot of international friends and they're discovering the world through two sets of eyes. The gift of a second language is the best thing I can give them."
Being introduced to languages at a young age is something that teachers believe strongly in.

"J'ai fait à mes enfants le cadeau d'une seconde langue". A 44 ans, il met sa réussite professionnelle au service de ses compétences linguistiques et de la sensibilisation culturelle qu'elles procurent. "Parler une langue aide à briser la glace" dit-il. "Même si ce n'est pas parfait, c'est une bonne entrée en matière et ça met les gens à l'aise quand vous négociez."
"Mes deux enfants sont bien sûr bilingues français-anglais. Ils ont maintenant des amis internationaux et ils découvrent le monde à travers deux paires d'yeux. Le cadeau d'une seconde langue est la meilleure chose que je puisse leur donner."
Etre initié aux langues dès le plus jeune âge est une chose à laquelle les enseignants croient fermement.
Parmi les avantages de l'apprentissage d'une seconde langue, il y a la possibilité de renforcer l'intelligence" a-t-on dit.

C'est PARFAIT, Maxwell ! BRAVO

Studies have suggested that learning a second language can slow brain ageing, and can lead to higher mental function in the brain. We have to think about what people need for their future."
"Learning two foreign languages also did wonders for my English. It gave me a new perspective on my own language and also gave me extra practice in identifying parts of speech, and later on, analysing literature."
Since studying interpreting and translation, the woman has worked as an in-house translator and an assistant language teacher (for English) in Japan.
"I love my job and I'll always be thankful to my language teachers at school who taught me how to learn." ///END of the TEXT ///

Des études ont suggéré que l'apprentissage d'une seconde langue peut ralentir le vieillissement cérébral, et peut amener le cerveau à une fonction mentale plus élevée. Nous devons réfléchir à ce dont les gens ont besoin pour leur avenir.
"Apprendre deux langues étrangères a également fait des merveilles pour mon anglais. Ça m'a donné une nouvelle perspective sur ma propre langue et m'a également donné une pratique supplémentaire pour identifier les différents éléments du discours, et plus tard, l'analyse de la littérature.
Depuis ses études, la femme a travaillé comme traductrice interne et assistante du professeur d'anglais au Japon.
« Je travaille maintenant comme traductrice médicale et commerciale indépendante », a-t-elle dit. "La plupart de mon travail - environ 80% - se fait en allemand. »
J'aime mon travail et je serai toujours reconnaissante à mes professeurs de langues à l'école qui m'ont appris à apprendre.
C'est PARFAIT, Choco ! BRAVO

Un grand merci à nos volontaires qui ont fait un travail REMARQUABLE ! (Merci pour le typo, choco )

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours d'anglais | Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours et exercices d'espagnol 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. / Partager sur les réseaux