Publicités :

Recommandés :

- Jeux gratuits
- Nos autres sites

Rack your Brains and Help/80

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Message de here4u posté le 12-10-2020 à 00:05:22 (S | E | F)
Hello, Dear Workers,

Vous noterez que je continue mon effort pour vous donner des textes courts ...
Petite "réflexion" sur la langue cette fois ... Un peu abstrait pour my poor Student, peut-être, mais vous allez l'aider, j'en suis certaine !
PLEASE, HELP MY STUDENT! Malgré ses GROS efforts, il reste 16 fautes dans son texte ... Merci de l'aider à les corriger EN LETTRES CAPITALES. Il compte sur vous, et moi aussi ...
Ce texte est bien un et la correction sera en ligne le mercredi 28 octobre en soirée.

ATTENTION Bien lire l’intervention ci-dessous du 15/10 AVANT de vous lancer dans la recherche des fautes !

Why wouldn’t an English-speaker never dally-dilly, or walk in a zag-zig? Confused? The answer lays in an unofficial «law» of language. English has no government – nobody or academy dictating its rules or development. But sometimes, we come against a curious ‘law’ that has been past not by any formal authority, but by the speakers themselves.
Very few of us would know that we follow an ancient protocol that goes by the technic name of ‘ablaut reduplication’. It dictates that, in any duplicating word combination, we always put the ‘i’ sound (as in ‘pit’), or the ‘e’(as in ‘see’), first, before an ‘a’ or an ‘o’ – hence ‘fiddle-faddle’, ‘ding-dong’, and ‘riff raff’. /// END of Part ONE /// No native speaker of English, would never dally-dilly or shally-shilly on his way to a song-sing while wearing flop-flips. Nor would we never walk in a zag-zig to a saw-see, have a chat-chit during eating a Kat-Kit, or play a game of pong-ping. Even when the expression has three elements, the rule stands: bash-bosh-bish just doesn’t cut it, and eeny-miney-meeny-mo sounds all wrong. The same law is found in many languages. The Japaneses have the beautiful ‘kasa koso’ (the rustling sound of dry leafs) while the Germans might speak of Quitschquatsch ('fiddlesticks'), a Wirrwarr (muddle), or of Krimskrams (their version of the French bric-a-brac- and there’s another!). ///END of Part TWO ///
We’ve all been doing this since centuries, yet the reason ablaut reduplication exists has never been fully nailed down. Sound is definitively key- when we produce an ‘i’ or ‘e’, we position our tongue higher in our mouth, whereas the ‘a’ or ‘o’ pushes it lower. This high vowel low vowel sequence produces a pleasing rythm, even if it’s one we reserve mostly for these playful combinations – otherwise we might all be eating pirrodge for breakfast. Luckily for native speakers – we ever need to know what we don’t know; we just… know it! ///END of Text ///

I give you THE FORCE!

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/80 de joe39, postée le 13-10-2020 à 11:59:22 (S | E)
Hello dear here4u,
After a bish-bash-bosh errors detection and without any shilly-shally, I submit you my try, ready to be checked

16 mistakes
Why wouldn’t an English-speaker never DILLY-DALLY - 1, or walk in A ZIG-ZAG?- 2 Confused? The answer lays in an unofficial «law» of language. English has no government – nobody AND ANY-3 academy dictating its rules or development. But sometimes, we come against a curious ‘law’ that has been past not by any formal authority, but by the speakers themselves.
Very few of us would know that we follow an ancient protocol that goes by the technic name of ‘ablaut reduplication’. It dictates that, in any duplicating word combination, we always put the ‘i’ sound (as in ‘pit’), or the ‘e’(as in ‘see’), first, before an ‘a’ or an ‘o’ – hence ‘fiddle-faddle’, ‘ding-dong’, and ‘riff raff’. /// END of Part ONE /// No native speaker of English, would never DILLY-DALLY or SHILLY-SHALLY - 4 on his way to a
SING-SONG - 5 while wearing FLIPS-FLOPS -6. Nor would we never walk in a ZIG-ZAG to a SEE-SAW - 7, have a CHIT-CHAT - 8 during eating a KIT-KAT - 9, or play a game of PING-PONG - 10. Even when the expression has three elements, the rule stands: BISH-BASH-BOSH - 11 just doesn’t cut it, and EANY – MEENY – MINY – MOE 12 sounds all wrong. The same law is found in many languages. The JAPANESE- 13 have the beautiful ‘kasa koso’ (the rustling sound of dry LEAVES- 14) while the Germans might speak of Quitschquatsch ('fiddlesticks'), a Wirrwarr (muddle), or of Krimskrams (their version of the French bric-a-brac- and there’s another!). ///END of Part TWO ///
We’ve all been doing this since centuries, yet the reason WHY - 15 ablaut reduplication exists has never been fully nailed down. Sound is definitively key- when we produce an ‘i’ or ‘e’, we position our tongue higher in our mouth, whereas the ‘a’ or ‘o’ pushes it lower. This high vowel low vowel sequence produces a pleasing RHYTHM – 15 even if it’s one we reserve mostly for these playful combinations – otherwise we might all be eating PORRIDGE - 16 for breakfast. Luckily for native speakers – we ever need to know what we don’t know; we just… know it! ///END of Text ///

I thank you for the nice exercise and remain wishing you a pleasant day.
So long.
Joe39

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/80 de here4u, postée le 15-10-2020 à 10:55:51 (S | E)
Hello !
Les mots écrits à l’envers dans la première phrase et dans le texte NE SONT PAS CONSIDÉRÉS COMME DES FAUTES .... ( et ne sont donc pas comptés) ... Ce ne sont que des explications et illustrations de la théorie ... ( De même, inutile de chercher les mots donnés dans d‘autres langues ... Il n’y a pas de pièges ... )
Ceci n’est pas un exercice d’écriture en «  verlan » ... mais bien un exercice de GRAMMAIRE et de vrai vocabulaire, comme toujours !

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/80 de maxwell, postée le 18-10-2020 à 15:29:12 (S | E)
READY TO BE CORRECTED
Hello Here4U
This exercise was quite destabilising, but guess what? Most of the mistakes were not hard to find... except of course those which I failed to correct
Help Our Student:
Why wouldn’t an English-speaker EVER dally-dilly, or walk in a zag-zig? Confused? The answer LIES in an unofficial «law» of language. English has no government – NO BODY or academy dictating its rules or development. But sometimes, we come UP against a curious ‘law’ that has been PASSED not by any formal authority, but by the speakers themselves.
Very few of us would know that we follow an ancient protocol that goes by the TECHNICAL name of ‘ablaut reduplication’. It dictates that, in any duplicating word combination, we always put the ‘i’ sound (as in ‘pit’), or the ‘e’(as in ‘see’), first, before an ‘a’ or an ‘o’ – hence ‘fiddle-faddle’, ‘ding-dong’, and ‘riff raff’. /// END of Part ONE ///

No native speaker of English would EVER dally-dilly or shally-shilly on his way to a song-sing while wearing flop-flips. Nor would we EVER walk in a zag-zig to a saw-see, have a chat-chit WHILE eating a Kat-Kit, or PLAYING a game of pong-ping. Even when the expression has three elements, the rule HOLDS: bash-bosh-bish just doesn’t cut it, and eeny-miney-meeny-mo  sounds all wrong. The same law is found in many languages. The JAPANESE have the beautiful ‘kasa koso’ (the rustling sound of dry LEAVES) while the Germans might speak of Quitschquatsch ('fiddlesticks'), OF a Wirrwarr (muddle), or of Krimskrams (their version of the French bric-a-brac- and there’s another ONE!). ///END of Part TWO ///

We’ve all been doing this FOR centuries, yet the reason WHY reduplication exists has never been fully nailed down. THE sound is definitively key- when we produce an ‘i’ or ‘e’, we position our tongue higher in our mouth, whereas the ‘a’ or ‘o’ pushes it lower. This high vowel low vowel sequence produces a pleasing RHYTHM, even if it’s one we reserve mostly for these playful combinations – otherwise we might all be eating pirrodge for breakfast. Luckily for native speakers – we NEVER need to know what we don’t know; we just… know it! ///END of Text ///

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/80 de here4u, postée le 18-10-2020 à 15:41:49 (S | E)
Hello!

Cet exercice ne vous semble très difficile que parce que vous vous concentrez sur les mots composés écrits à l'envers ... Ne vous LAISSEZ PAS INTIMIDER ! Ils ne comptent pas ... Passez les allègrement et vous découvrirez les "vraies" fautes qui sont très classiques ... Come on! Don't give up!

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/80 de maya92, postée le 18-10-2020 à 16:42:20 (S | E)
Hello Here4u,

Why wouldn’t an English-speaker EVER dally-dilly, or walk in a zag-zig ? Confused? The answer LIES DOWN in an unofficial «law» of language. English has no government – nobody NOR ANY academy dictating its rules or development. But sometimes, we come UPON a curious ‘law’ that has been PASSED not by any formal authority, but by the speakers themselves.
Very few of us would know that we follow an ancient protocol that goes by the TECHNICAL name of ‘ablaut reduplication’. It dictates that, in any duplicating word combination, we always put the ‘i’ sound (as in ‘pit’), or the ‘e’(as in ‘see’), first, before an ‘a’ or an ‘o’ – hence ‘fiddle-faddle’, ‘ding-dong’, and ‘riffraff’. /// END of Part ONE //

No native speaker of English, would EVER dally-dilly or shally-shilly on his way to a song-sing while wearing flop-flips. Nor would we EVER walk in a zag-zig to a saw-see, have a chat-chit WHILE eating a Kat-Kit, or play a game of pong-ping. Even when the expression has three elements, the rule stands: bash-bosh-bish just doesn’t cut it, and eeny-miney-meeny-mo sounds all wrong. The same law is found in many languages. The JAPANESE have the beautiful ‘kasa koso’ (the rustling sound of dry LEAVES) while the Germans might speak of Quitschquatsch ('fiddlesticks'), a Wirrwarr (muddle), or of Krimskrams (their version of the French bric-a-brac- and there’s another!). ///END of Part TWO ///

We’ve all been doing this FOR centuries, yet the reason ‘ablaut reduplication’ exists has never been fully nailed down. THE sound is definitively THE key- when we produce an ‘i’ or ‘e’, we position our tongue higher in our mouth, whereas the ‘a’ or ‘o’ pushes it lower. This high vowel low vowel sequence produces a PLEASANT RHYTHM, even if it’s one we reserve mostly for these playful combinations – otherwise we might all be eating 'pirrodge' for breakfast. Luckily for native speakers – we NEVER need to know what we don’t know; we just… know it! ///END of Text ///

Doesn't seem that hard so I guess I've forgotten a lot of mistakes (or found too many ..or not the right ones ..)
Now good luck for the translation ..!
Have a nice sunny Sunday

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/80 de alpiem, postée le 18-10-2020 à 19:47:45 (S | E)
hello here4u and everybody,

Why wouldn't an English-speaker EVER dally-dilly, or walk in a zag-zig? Confused? The answer LIES in an
unofficial "law" of language.
English has no government-nobody NOR academy dictating THEIR rules or THEIR development.
But sometimes, we COME ACROSS a curious 'law' that as been past not by any formal authority, but by the
speakers themselves.
Very few of us would know that we follow an ancient protocol that goes by the technic name of ‘ablaut
reduplication."

It dictates that, in any duplicating word combination, we always put the ‘i’ sound (as in ‘pit’), or the
‘e’(as in ‘see’), first, before an ‘a’ or an ‘o’ – hence ‘fiddle-faddle’, ‘ding-dong’, and ‘riff raff'.///
END OF PART ONE///.

No native speaker of English, would EVER dally-dilly or shally-shilly on his way to a song-sing while wearing flop-flips. Nor would we EVER walk in a zag-zig to a saw-see, have a chat-chit during eating a Kat-Kit, or play a game of pong-ping.

Even when the expression has three elements, the rule stands: bash-bosh-bish just doesn’t cut it, and eeny-miney-meeny-mo sounds all wrong. The same law is found in many languages. The Japaneses have the beautiful ‘kasa koso’ (the rustling sound of dry leafs) while the Germans might speak of Quitschquatsch ('fiddlesticks'), a Wirrwarr (muddle), or of Krimskrams (their version of the French bric-a-brac- and SO ON.!). ///END of Part TWO ///

We’ve all been doing this FOR centuries, yet the reason ablaut reduplication exists has never been fully nailed down.
Sound is definitively THE key- when we produce an ‘i’ or ‘e’, we position our tongue higher in our mouth, whereas the ‘a’ or ‘o’ pushes it lower.
This high vowel low vowel sequence produces a pleasing rythm, even if it’s one we reserve mostly for these playful combinations – otherwise we might all be eating pirrodge for breakfast. Luckily for native speakers – we NEVER need to know what we don’t know; we just… know it! ///END of Text ///

Réponse : Rack your Brains and Help/80 de taiji43, postée le 19-10-2020 à 14:38:09 (S | E)
Dear Here4U,

thank you for your numerous explanations ...SO, I can send my correction to
you
READY TO BE CORRECTED

Why wouldn’t an English-speaker EVER dally-dilly, or walk in a zag-zig? Confused? The answer LIES DOWN (reposer sur)an unofficial «law» of language. English has no government – NOR ANY academy dictating its rules or development. But sometimes, we come UPON (tomber sur) a curious ‘law’ that has been past not by any formal authority, but by the speakers themselves.
Very few of us would know that we follow an ancient protocol that goes by the TECHNICAL name of ‘ablaut reduplication’. It dictates that, in any duplicating word combination, we always put the ‘i’ sound (as in ‘pit’), or the ‘e’(as in ‘see’), first, before an ‘a’ or an ‘o’ – hence ‘fiddle-faddle’, ‘ding-dong’, and ‘riff raff’. /// END of Part

ONE /// No native speaker of English, WILL BE EVER dally-dilly or shally-shilly on his way to a song-sing while wearing flop-flips. Nor WILL BE we EVER walk in a zag-zig to a saw-see, have a chat-chit WHILE eating a Kat-Kit,or PLAYING a game of of ping pong. Even when the expression has three elements, the rule stands : : bash-bosh-bish just doesn’t cut it, and eeny-miney-meeny-MOE sounds all wrong. The same law is found in many languages. The JAPANESE have the beautiful ‘kasa koso’ (the rustling sound of dry LEAVES) while the Germans might speak of Quitschquatsch ('fiddlesticks'), a Wirrwarr (muddle), or of Krimskrams (their version of the French bric-a-brac- and OF WHICH another!(de quel autre). ///END of Part TWO ///

We’ve all been doing this since FOR centuries, yet the reason ablaut reduplication exists has never been fully nailed down. THE Sound is definitively THE key- when we produce an ‘i’ or ‘e’, we position our tongue higher in our mouth, whereas the ‘a’ or ‘o’ pushes it lower. This high vowel low vowel sequence produces a PLEASANT RHYTHM, even if it’s one we reserve mostly for these playful combinations – otherwise we might all be eating pirrodge for breakfast. Luckily for native speakers – we NEVER need to know what we don’t know; we just… know it! ///END of Text ///

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum

Partager : Facebook / Google+ / Twitter / ... 

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> COURS ET TESTS : Abréviations | Accents | Accords | Adjectifs | Adverbes | Alphabet | Animaux | Argent | Argot | Articles | Audio | Auxiliaires | Chanson | Communication | Comparatifs/Superlatifs | Composés | Conditionnel | Confusions | Conjonctions | Connecteurs | Contes | Contraires | Corps | Couleurs | Courrier | Cours | Dates | Dialogues | Dictées | Décrire | Démonstratifs | Ecole | Etre | Exclamations | Famille | Faux amis | Films | Formation | Futur | Fêtes | Genre | Goûts | Grammaire | Guide | Géographie | Heure | Homonymes | Impersonnel | Infinitif | Internet | Inversion | Jeux | Journaux | Lettre manquante | Littérature | Magasin | Maison | Majuscules | Maladies | Mots | Mouvement | Musique | Mélanges | Méthodologie | Métiers | Météo | Nature | Nombres | Noms | Nourriture | Négations | Opinion | Ordres | Participes | Particules | Passif | Passé | Pays | Pluriel | Politesse | Ponctuation | Possession | Poèmes | Pronominaux | Pronoms | Prononciation | Proverbes | Prépositions | Présent | Présenter | Quantité | Question | Relatives | Sports | Style direct | Subjonctif | Subordonnées | Synonymes | Temps | Tests de niveau | Tous les tests | Traductions | Travail | Téléphone | Vidéo | Vie quotidienne | Villes | Voitures | Voyages | Vêtements

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée / Cookies.
| Cours et exercices d'espagnol 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.