Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Ex 202/still confined and masked

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Message de here4u posté le 28-04-2021 à 23:28:24 (S | E | F)
Hello Dears!

Voici votre nouveau thème. Les phrases ne sont ni longues, ni vraiment difficiles, mais font toutes appel à des obstacles pour des non-anglophones ou à des expressions idiomatiques. Je suis certaine que vous allez déjouer mes "pseudo-pièges" ...

I)Translate into English:

1. Il y a beaucoup trop de souffrance et bien trop peu de confiance entre nous.
2. Ça ne me choque pas ... Je resterai calme ... Il n’y a aucune raison que je me déchaîne quand toi, tu ignores simplement cette réaction inacceptable.
3. « Pendant que tu fouilles ses tiroirs, il a aussi trafiqué les comptes ... Regarde donc ! »
4. « S'il continue à brûler la chandelle par les deux bouts, il va être trop épuisé pour faire son travail. »
5. On ne peut le trouver nulle part. J’en ai assez de le chercher. Quand il aura fini de plaisanter, il montrera finalement le bout de son nez.
6. On ne m’a pas donné les dernières nouvelles … Les bonnes nouvelles vont vite … mais maintenant, quelles sont les mauvaises ?

II) EXPRESSION: (optional)
The seven deadly sins are typically ordered as: pride, greed, lust, envy, gluttony, wrath, and sloth.
Choose the one which, in your opinion, should (or could) be called a quality, or should be willingly excused ! (130 words).

Cet exercice est un et la correction sera en ligne samedi 15 mai ou dimanche 16, mais pour une fois, ces dates ne peuvent pas être garanties. I'll do my best!

Anyway, I hope THE FORCE will be with you! Take great care of yourselves and of the people around you!

Réponse : Ex 202/still confined and masked de magie8, postée le 30-04-2021 à 18:59:25 (S | E)
hello bon courage à tous

I)Translate into English: BON POUR CORRECTION

There is far too much suffering and far too little trust between us.

2. Ça ne me choque pas ... Je resterai calme ... Il n’y a aucune raison que je me déchaîne quand toi, tu ignores simplement cette réaction inacceptable.
It doesn't shock me ...I'll stay calm......There is no reason for me to lash out when you simply ignore this unaceptable reaction.

3. « Pendant que tu fouilles ses tiroirs, il a aussi trafiqué les comptes ... Regarde donc ! »
"While you were rifling through his drawers,he also cooked the books....Look at those!"

4. « S'il continue à brûler la chandelle par les deux bouts, il va être trop épuisé pour faire son travail. »
"If he keeps burning the candle at both ends, he'll be too exhausted to do his job."

5. On ne peut le trouver nulle part. J’en ai assez de le chercher. Quand il aura fini de plaisanter, il montrera finalement le bout de son nez.
We can't find him anywhere.I'm tired of looking for him.When he's done joking, he'll finally show his face.

6. On ne m’a pas donné les dernières nouvelles … Les bonnes nouvelles vont vite … mais maintenant, quelles sont les mauvaises ?
I haven't been given the latest news.Good news travels fast...but now what's the bad news?

je crois comprendre ici qu'elle n'a pas eu les nouvelles les plus récentes.

The seven deadly sins are typically ordered as: pride, greed, lust, envy, gluttony, wrath, and sloth.
Choose the one which, in your opinion, should (or could) be called a quality, or should be willingly excused ! (130 words).

Analysing these words one by one
Pride: we need a little to raise our head facing humiliations.To be proud of a beautiful accomplished work.
Greed :I call that saving -no waste
Lust:sexual desir is not prohibited in moderation between consenting adults.
Envy:is driving force for progress
Glutony:it is also to enjoy all of life's pleasures.
Wrath:a protection valve which makes it possible to externalise the overflow of negative emotions.
Sloth:a little of idleness is necessary to decompress
Nothing is bad
SIN IS IN EXCESS
We should honour God's creations by enjoying life.God calls us to control our appetites rather than control us.
All abuses, depravities are condemnable.
Too much discipline can also have a disempower bounce effect."125"

Réponse : Ex 202/still confined and masked de taiji43, postée le 01-05-2021 à 17:34:42 (S | E)
Dear Here4U
I am not satisfied with my sentences as I have not found idioms where I think they should be...sorry

READY TO BE CORRECTED

1 There is far too suffering and far little trust between us.

2. it doesn’t shock me ... I will remain calm ... There’s no reason for me to fly into a rage when you just ignore this unacceptable reaction.

3. “While you are rummaging in his drawers, he also tampered with the accounts ... Look at it !”

4. “If he keeps burning the candle at both ends, he will be too exhausted to do his job.”

5. He can’t be found anywhere. I’m tired of looking for him. When he’s
done joking, he’ll finally show his face

6. I haven’t been given the latest news … Good news travels fast … but now what is the bad news?

All these behaviors are at the stage of vices, considered by myself as unacceptable and can’t be raise to the rank of quality.
As far as I am concerned, the worst is envy : This desire for what we cannot obtain, and which generate an unhappiness and often aggressiveness towards others.
But what about sloth? If we strictly define sloth , it is a state of idleness, a categorical refusal to provide the slightest effort and work... However what about sloth, praised by literary authors (Rousseau , Lafarge …) : behaviours which would have close links with that praised work, so necessary to life ... Sloth, would become a necessary break after work, leisure which would allows to meditate, dreaming, driving out stress
all right, in this case , sloth is a quality 133

Réponse : Ex 202/still confined and masked de maya92, postée le 03-05-2021 à 15:29:18 (S | E)
Hello Here4u,

I) Translate into English:

There is far too much suffering and far too little confidence between us

I’m not shocked. I’ll keep quiet. There is no reason for me to blow up when you simply ignore that unacceptable reaction

While rummaging about his drawers, he has also cooked the books. Do take a look !

If he keeps on burning the candle at both ends, he’ll be too exhausted to do his job

He can be found nowhere. I’m fed up looking for him. When he stops kidding on, he’ll finally show up

I’ve not be given the last news. Good news goes fast but now which is the bad one ?

Choose the one which, in your opinion, should (or could) be called a quality, or should be willingly excuse

I’m well-off and I like earning more and more money (greed) so that I could buy a country estate like my friend John’s (envy) and so I’ll be highly regarded (pride). Actually, this morning I got up at noon (sloth), went out and saw my boyfriend with a young girl, his eyes seemed shining with desire (lust). Damn it, he’s got it coming to him ! (wrath). After all that I felt so hungry I went to the restaurant and stuffed away (gluttony)
This story shows everyday situations and that you can commit sins without putting anyone out and that every sin can be forgiven !

Back to my home computer and it's much better - (of course my 'expression text' has nothing to do with me !) - Thank u

Réponse : Ex 202/still confined and masked de alpiem, postée le 04-05-2021 à 08:12:06 (S | E)

THEMA
There are way much suffering and less confidence between us.

It doesn't shock me...I will stay calm...There is no point for me in breaking loose whereas you 're just ignoring that inappropriate
reaction.

"Now that you surch his drawers, he had been tampering with the accounts too... Take a look at it! "

If he keeps on célébrating he 's bound to be worn out for working.

He's nowhere to be found . I'm tired of looking for him. When he's done with jesting around he will finally show the tip of his nose.

I haven't been given the latest news...Good news travels fast...but now how are the bad one's?

Réponse : Ex 202/still confined and masked de here4u, postée le 05-05-2021 à 16:35:16 (S | E)
Hello!

Comme "annoncé", pour pallier les difficultés possibles et incertitudes de mi-mai, je commence à envoyer vos corrections dès réception (et temps de correction nécessaire ... )Je commence ce soir!

You're needed on The Story too...

Réponse : Ex 202/still confined and masked de swan85, postée le 05-05-2021 à 21:20:44 (S | E)
Hello Here4U

I)Translate into English: Ready to be corrected

1. 1. There is far too much suffering and far too little trust between us.

2.It doesn’t chock me…..I will keep calm….There is no reason why I get angry when you just ignore this unacceptable reaction.

3. « While you are looking his drawers, he also rigged the accounts…..So look! »

4. « If he keeps burning the candle at both ends, he is going to be too exhausted to do his job »

5. We can’t find him anywhere. I am tired of looking for him. When he finishes joking, he will finally show up.

6. I wasn’t given the latest news…..The good news goes fast….but now, what is the bad ones

Réponse : Ex 202/still confined and masked de chocolatcitron, postée le 07-05-2021 à 06:11:11 (S | E)
Message de here4u posté le 28-04-2021 à 23:28:24 (S | E | F)
Hello my dear Here4u: thank you very much, here is the force back to you ❤️☀️💪!
Hi Everybody!

FINISHED !

Here is my work:

There is far too much pain as well as we have much too little self-confidence.

I'm not shocked... I'll stay quiet... There is no reason for losing my control while you, you simply ignore that reaction beyond the pale.

While you rummage through his drawers, he has also tampered with his personal expenses... So, check up them!

If he keeps up burning the candle at both ends, he is going to be exhausted to do his work.

We can't find him anywhere. I'm fed up with looking for him. When he stops joking, he will eventually show up.

I wasn't given the last news...the good news travels fast... but now, what is the bad ones ?

If you ask myself to choose one deadly sin, I don't know which sin I would take between gluttony and sloth as both of them may give some happiness.
I'm neither a glutton, nor lackadaisical: my friends can see it on this site and in my life, that it is not my way of life.
But sometimes, doing nothing or tasting a good fruit pie, becoming intoxicated with pleasant odours or seeing Nature, gives happiness.
Gluttony is the pleasure of the senses, delicacy, accumulation.
Laziness translates into nonchalance, slowness, neglect.
I can't stand anger, envy, jealousy, arrogance, greed, lubricity, liar, traitors, probably because of examples around me... I fled! This vice does not lead to happiness in any way, and can even be dangerous. Nobody is perfect! 130 words.

Si tu me demandes de choisir un péché capital, je ne sais pas quel péché je prendrais entre la gourmandise et la paresse car tous les deux peuvent donner un peu de bonheur.
Je ne suis ni un glouton, ni une apathique, mes amis peuvent le constater sur ce site et dans ma vie personnelle, ce n'est pas mon style de vie. Mais parfois, ne rien faire ou goûter une bonne tarte aux fruits, s'enivrer d'odeurs plaisantes ou voir la nature donne du bonheur.
La gourmandise est le plaisir des sens, la délicatesse, l'accumulation.
La paresse se traduit par la nonchalence, la lenteur la négligence.
Je ne supporte pas la colère, l'envie, la jalousie, l'arrogance, l'avarice, la lubricité, les enteurs et les traitres, sans doute à cause d'exemples autour de moi... que j'ai fuis ! Ces défauts ne conduisent en aucun cas au bonheur, et peuvent même s'avérer dangereux. Personne n'est parfait !

Cet exercice est un et la correction sera en ligne samedi 15 mai ou dimanche 16, mais pour une fois, ces dates ne peuvent pas être garanties. I'll do my best!

Anyway, I hope THE FORCE will be with you! Take great care of yourselves and of the people around you!
So you do Here4u, stay safe!

Réponse : Ex 202/still confined and masked de lucile83, postée le 08-05-2021 à 17:10:30 (S | E)
Hello, anyone ? Come on ...❤️❤️❤️

Réponse : Ex 202/still confined and masked de maxwell, postée le 09-05-2021 à 07:31:11 (S | E)
READY TO BE CORRECTED

Hello dear Here4U
Thanks a lot for this very interesting exercise with pitfalls (like news) which I hope I didn't fall into

There's way too much suffering and way too little trust between us.

I'm not shocked.... I'll stay calm... There's no reason why I should lash out when you're just ignoring that unacceptable reaction.

While you're searching his drawers, he's also been cooking the books... Look at that!

If he keeps burning the candle at both ends, he's going to be too worn out to do his job.

He can't be found anywhere. I'm sick of trying to find him. When he has finished fooling around, he'll finally show up.

I haven't been told the latest news. Good news spreads fast... but now, what's the bad one?

II) EXPRESSION: (optional) The seven deadly sins are typically ordered as: pride, greed, lust, envy, gluttony, wrath, and sloth.

Though I'm not a glutton, I can't see why gluttony should be a sin. This is more about health than morality. By contrast, what should be considered a sin is the food wastage. When you think about all the poor people on Earth who can't eat their fill, you can't accept that people throw food away, be it the chains (due to unsold articles) or the consumers (who buy more than what they're going to eat, and throw food in the bin).
There may be other sins that I would excuse willingly but gluttony is definitely the first one on my list. (107w)

Réponse : Ex 202/still confined and masked de here4u, postée le 15-05-2021 à 17:26:35 (S | E)
Hello, Dears!

Sous le déluge absolu de Paris, je vous envoie la correction de votre travail ; la plupart de vos devoirs étaient très satisfaisants mais tous n'avaient pas "la petite expression qui avait attirée mon oreille !"
Deux petits points faibles much too many et le passif ...

I) Translate into English:

1. Il y a bien trop de souffrance et beaucoup trop peu de confiance entre nous.
There’s far too much suffering and way too little trust between us.

- Bien trop de : far too much+ indénombrable singulier/ many+ dénombrable pluriel// way too much/ many// much too much/ many + indénombrable singulier/ dénombrable pluriel. Souffrance= indénombrable singulier ; trust : indénombrable singulier également.
- Beaucoup trop peu de : much too little + indénombrable singulier/ much too few + dénombrable pluriel /// way too little/ way too few /// far too little/ far too few…
BIEN RETENIR.

2. Ça ne me choque pas ... je resterai calme ... Il n’y a aucune raison que je me déchaîne quand toi, tu ignores simplement cette réaction inacceptable.
I’m not shocked... I’ll stay calm... There’s no reason for me to work myself up into a frenzy... when you’re just shrugging off this intolerable reaction...

- Il n’y a aucune raison que je me déchaîne : There’s no reason for me to work/ there’s no reason why I should …(plus formel)/
- se déchaîner : to rage/ to lose control/ to lose it/ work oneself up/ to lash out/
- ignorer : dans le contexte, est la forme forte de « ne pas tenir compte de » : to ignore/ brush aside/ brush off/ neglect/ pay no attention to/ pay no mind/ shrug off/ blank/ disregard/ give the cold shoulder/ sweep aside.

While you’re searching his drawers, he’s also cooked the books. Do have a look!

- Fouiller : to search/ to conduct a search/ to rummage (through/ about in)/ go through/ to rifle in(/through)
- Un tiroir : a drawer
- Trafiquer les comptes : to tamper with the books/ to cook the books

4. Si on continue à brûler la chandelle par les deux bouts, on va être trop épuisés pour faire notre travail.
If we keep burning our candle at both ends, we’re gonna be too exhausted to do our jobs.

- brûler la chandelle par les deux bouts : to burn our candle at both ends
- être épuisé : exhausted/be worn out/(to wear, I wore, worn)

He’s nowhere to be found. I‘m done looking for him. When he has finished joking, he’ll finally show up.

- On ne peut le trouver nulle part : le meilleur moyen d’exprimer « on » est d’utiliser la forme passive. PENSER TOUJOURS à utiliser cette forme pour exprimer un « on » français !
- J’en ai assez de : I’m fed up with/ I’ve had enough/ I’ve had my fill/ I’m done+ V + ing
- quand il aura … il montrera : Attention ! ¨Pas de futur dans la subordonnée temporelle introduite par « when ».
- montrer le bout de son nez : to show up/

I wasn’t told the latest news… Good news travels fast… But now, what’s the bad news?…

- On : même remarque que dans la question précédente.
- « dernières » : « last » pour les « dernières absolues » : « latest » pour « les plus récentes » … mais il y en aura d’autres qui suivront
- Good news// Bad news+ verbe au singulier

The seven deadly sins are typically ordered as: pride, greed, lust, envy, gluttony, wrath, and sloth. Choose the one which, in your opinion, should be called a quality.

J'ai beaucoup aimé la façon dont vous avez défendu certains "deadly sins" avec des arguments soit amusants soit "très sérieux"!
Bravo à tous pour ces excellents prestations.

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours d'anglais | Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours et exercices d'espagnol 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. / Partager sur les réseaux