Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Estate and a mansion (1)

<< Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE

Estate and a mansion
Message de oxford posté le 30-04-2009 à 15:42:59 (S | E | F)

Bonjour les amis!
i am really confused with the follwoing sentences and i hope that somebody may find me the correct answer:

- The difference between an estate and a mansion.
- Normally in a mansion we may have a little parking for cars, I’d like to know if this parking area has a special name or we just call it mansion parking area.
- What’s correct: I talk with somebody or I talk to somebody
- i feel ashamed of him or about him?
- Are these sentences correct?
- There’s no reason to get you go!
- You are a part of us, or you are a member of our family!
Thanks everybody
-------------------
Modifié par bridg le 30-04-2009 16:03

Réponse: Estate and a mansion de robertbrou, postée le 01-05-2009 à 13:33:35 (S | E)
Hello,

- The difference between an estate and a mansion.
To me, estate = mansion + land, and mansion is the house.

- Normally in a mansion we may have a little parking for cars, I’d like to know if this parking area has a special name or we just call it mansion parking area.
I don't know, since I don't own a mansion . I would probably call it a parking area. I wouldn't necessarily call it a "parking lot" since it evokes a large area of asphalt with yellow lines.

- What’s correct: I talk with somebody or I talk to somebody
Talk to. You would speak/discuss with somebody about something. However, some people may use "talk with".

- i feel ashamed of him or about him?
Ashamed of

- Are these sentences correct?
- There’s no reason to get you to go!
- You are a part of us, or you are a member of our family!
You are one of us.
You are a member of our family.

Hope this helps!
robertbrou

Réponse: Estate and a mansion de oxford, postée le 01-05-2009 à 16:36:05 (S | E)
bonjour tout le monde
thank you robertbrou for your help,and thanks in advance for everybody who is gonna add some new ideas to this subjuct.
oxford

POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Aide/Contact

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours d'anglais | Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours et exercices d'espagnol 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. / Partager sur les réseaux