Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

<< Retour au forum

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

Message de joy813 posté le 2004-11-01 13:31:13 (S | E | F | I)
* We use at for times and certain expressions.
at 8.00
at lunchtime
at Christmas
at the moment
at midnight
at the weekend
at the same time
at the age of 9

* We use on for days and dates.
on Friday
on 12 September
on Friday morning
on Saturday evening

* We use in for longer periods such as months, years, and seasons.
in April
in 1925
in summer
in the nineteenth century

* There is no preposition before last, next or this

I hope it's clear for you .... I'm looking for an exercice ....

Réponse: re:Prepositions for time de edith49, postée le 2004-11-01 13:45:33 (S | E)
Thank you Joy It's clear now!

Réponse: re:Prepositions for time de joy813, postée le 2004-11-01 14:38:23 (S | E)
Are you ready ?

Put in, at, on, or nothing into each gap

1." It's my birthday ------ next week."
"When ? "
" ----- Monday."
" ----- what time were you born ? "
" ----- 8.00 ------ the morning."
2." I'm meeting Alan ------ this evening."
"What time ? "
" ----- six."
3. "What did you do ------ the weekend ? "

Enjoy it
" ----- Friday evening we went to a party. We slept in late -----Saturday morning, and then -----the afternoon, we went shopping ----- 7.00, some friends came round for a drink. We didn't do anything ------Sunday."
4. The weather in England is unreliable. ------ summer it can be hot, but it often rains ------April and June.
------ last year, the summer was awful. The best English weather is ------spring and autumn.
5. I learned to drive ----- 1980 ------ the age of 17. My brother learned ------the same time as me, but I passed first.
6. I'll phone you -----next week. ------Thursday, maybe ------the afternoon ------about 3.00. OK ?
7. I don't see my parents much. ----- Christmas, usually, and -------the holidays.

Enjoy it

Réponse: re:Prepositions for time de bridg, postée le 2004-11-01 15:34:28 (S | E)
J'ai essayé de le faire sans regarder ton rappel pour voir ce que ça donne de tête

1." It's my birthday next week."
"When ? "
" on Monday."
" at what time were you born ? "
" at 8.00 in the morning."
2." I'm meeting Alan this evening."
"What time ? "
" at six."
3. "What did you do at the weekend ? "
Enjoy it
" On Friday evening we went to a party. We slept in late on Saturday morning, and then in the afternoon, we went shopping at 7.00, some friends came round for a drink. We didn't do anything on Sunday."
4. The weather in England is unreliable. In summer it can be hot, but it often rains in April and June.
last year, the summer was awful. The best English weather is in spring and autumn.
5. I learned to drive in 1980 at the age of 17. My brother learned at the same time as me, but I passed first.
6. I'll phone you next week. On Thursday, maybe in the afternoon at about 3.00. OK ?
7. I don't see my parents much. at Christmas, usually, and in the holidays.

Merci pour cet exercice

-------------------
Edité par bridg le 01-11-2004 18:17

Réponse: re:Prepositions for time de edith49, postée le 2004-11-01 15:51:41 (S | E)
Hello joy, I try :

"When ? "
" on Monday."
" at what time were you born ? "
" at 8.00 on the morning."
"What time ? "
" at six."

Enjoy it
" on Friday evening we went to a party. We slept in late on Saturday morning, and then at the afternoon, we went shopping at 7.00, some friends came round for a drink. We didn't do anything on Sunday."
4. The weather in England is unreliable. in summer it can be hot, but it often rains in April and June.
last year, the summer was awful. The best English weather is in spring and autumn.
5. I learned to drive in 1980 at the age of 17. My brother learned at the same time as me, but I passed first.
6. I'll phone you next week. on Thursday, maybe on the afternoon at about 3.00. OK ?
7. I don't see my parents much. at Christmas, usually, and in the holidays.

Thank you Joy !!

Réponse: re:Prepositions for time de morenita, postée le 2004-11-01 17:48:05 (S | E)
I ll do the same as bridg
Put in, at, on, or nothing into each gap

1." It's my birthday ------ next week."
"When ? "
" ON Monday."
" AT what time were you born ? "
" AT 8.00 IN the morning."
"What time ? "
" AT six."
3. "What did you do AT the weekend ? "

Enjoy it
" ON Friday evening we went to a party. We slept in late ON Saturday morning, and then IN the afternoon, we went shopping AT 7.00, some friends came round for a drink. We didn't do anything ON Sunday."
4. The weather in England is unreliable. IN summer it can be hot, but it often rains IN April and June.
last year, the summer was awful. The best English weather is IN spring and autumn.
5. I learned to drive AT 1980 IN the age of 17. My brother learned AT the same time as me, but I passed first.
6. I'll phone you next week. ON Thursday, maybe IN the afternoon AT about 3.00. OK ?
7. I don't see my parents much. IN Christmas, usually, and ON the holidays.

Réponse: re:Prepositions for time de joy813, postée le 2004-11-01 18:14:05 (S | E)
is it so difficult ? I'm very surprised !

Bridg : 6 mistakes ( 2 in n°1, and 1 in n°2-3-6-7)

Edith : 4 mistakes (2 in n°1, and 1 in n°3-6)

Morenita : 5 mistakes (2 in n°5-6, and 1 in n°1)

Try to correct it with the summary, please

Réponse: re:Prepositions for time de bridg, postée le 2004-11-01 18:28:37 (S | E)
hi, Joy j'ai refait une tentative en corrigeant mon post. merci

Réponse: re:Prepositions for time de cleo, postée le 2004-11-01 18:56:15 (S | E)
I'm trying :
1. It's my birthday next week
When ?
on Monday
at what time were you born ?
at 8.00 at the morning
2. I'm meeting Alan this evening
What time ?
At six
3. What do you do at the week-end ?
Enjoy it
On Friday evening we went to a party. We slept in late on Saturday morning, and then at the afternoon, we went shopping at 7.00, some friends came round for a drink. We didn't do anything on Sunday4. The weather in England is unreliable. In summer it can be hot, but it often rains in April and June.
Last year, the summer was awful. The best English weather is in spring and autumn.
5. I learned to drive in 1980 at the age of 17. My mother learned at the same time as me, but I passed first.
6. I'll phone you next week. On Thursday, maybe at the afternoon at about 3.00. OK ?
7. I don't see my parents much. At Christmas, usually, and on the holidays
Thanks Joy

Réponse: re:Prepositions for time de joy813, postée le 2004-11-01 20:25:51 (S | E)
It's going better !

Bridg : 2 mistakes (n° 1 , n° 7)
Cleo : 5 mistakes ( 2 in n°1, and 1 in n°3-6-7)

* To go on holiday ==> partir en vacance
I don't see my parents (during or ....) the holidays.

* At what time ==> What time (it's better)

Réponse: re:Prepositions for time de minouche15, postée le 2004-11-01 20:39:25 (S | E)
- Hello Joy , I 'm trying :it's a very good exercise .

- 1) "It's my birthday next week"
"when?"
" on Monday"
" what timewere you born?"
"at 8.00 in the morning"

-2) "I'm meeting Alan this evening"
"what time?"
"at six"

-3) "what did you do at the week end?"
" enjoy it"
" on Fridayevening we went to a party . We slept in late on Saturday morning, and then in the afternoonwe went shopping at 7.00, some friends came round for a drink . We didn't do anything on Sunday ."

-4) The weather in England is unreliable in SummerIt can be not, but last yearthe weather was awful . The best English weather is in Springand Autumn.

-5) I learned to drive in 1980 at the ageof 17. My brother learned at the same timeas me, but I passed first .

-6) I'll phone you next weekon thursday,maybe inthe afternoonat about3.00ok?

-7) I don't see my parents much at Christmas,usually and in the holidays .

-------------------
Edité par minouche15 le 2004-11-01 21:32:06

Réponse: re:Prepositions for time de kayrol, postée le 2004-11-01 20:46:33 (S | E)
pour l'exercice,

"When ? "
" On Monday."
" what time were you born ? "
" At 8.00 in the morning."
"What time ? "
" At six."

Enjoy it
" On Friday evening we went to a party. We slept in late on Saturday morning, and then in the afternoon, we went shopping at 7.00, some friends came round for a drink. We didn't do anything on Sunday."
4. The weather in England is unreliable. In summer it can be hot, but it often rains in April and June.
6. I'll phone you next week. On Thursday, maybe in the afternoon at about 3.00. OK ?
7. I don't see my parents much. At Christmas, usually, and in the holidays.

Kayrol

Réponse: re:Prepositions for time de joy813, postée le 2004-11-01 20:57:05 (S | E)

Minouche : 4 mistakes in n°1-3-6-7)

Kayrol
you're a

Thanks everybody for your participation

Réponse: re:Prepositions for time de minouche15, postée le 2004-11-01 21:33:37 (S | E)
-Merci Joy, j'ai rectifié mes erreurs !...

Réponse: re:Prepositions for time de morenita, postée le 2004-11-01 21:44:41 (S | E)
I m so silly!!! I should have a look in/at the rules before answering !! (I wanted to do the same as Bridg )
thanx Joy

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux